You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Both ASRC and VRC have display problems

James Perry 1099173

James Perry 1099173
Posted
Posted

Below is a problem I thought was caused by a faulty .sct file, but the same things are happening in VRC. Have tried reloading, redownloading with no change. I am baffled as to why two different programs would have the same fault (unless one were derived from the other, or both from the same original).

There was no response in the ASRC file, so I am trying here.

I am just starting the use of ASRC controller software, and have found the ZAU sector file:ZAU Pro Resurrection v1.2.sct. However there seems to be something wrong somewhere. On the map, when "APT" and "APT LABLES" are turned on, some of the smaller airports e.g. "61C" (about 30nm ESE of KMSN) have a long string of other airport identifiers after the "K61C." The identifiers are the same identifiers in the same order which are found in the sct file. (The string starts "K61CK63CK63M . . . ." and the sct file lists in order "K61C" then "K63C" etc.")

Inspecting the sct file did not reveal any obvious error around K61C, missing separators, etc. So what could be going on?

Also there are a lot of extraneous characters around some the aircraft blips. Lots of "IIIIIIIII", which are not the ghostly history I's. Don't know if the two are related.

Michael Iserman 1049046
Posted
Posted

I believe I have the same problem. I am also using the ZAU sct. file, but it may be coincidental. When the scope is zoomed in, the description or name of of the VOR's, fixes, and aircraft datablocks are extended to show the VOR's, fixes and aircraft datablocks that are not in range, or not visible. I've tried reinstalling but it didnt work. I am using VRC version 1.2.1 on Windows XP home. Computer is an AMD athlon 64+ 3300, 384 MB of ram, with an SIS 760 video card. I use one moniter.

vrc2z.jpg

FIXES

vrcm.jpg

Datablocks

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Device driver issue.

Check and change your video driver - its well covered in the ASRC.info forum from what I recall.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

• Board of Governors
Gunnar Lindahl
Posted
Posted

I am no techie at all, but I had this problem on my old laptop, something to do with OpenGL not being supported?

*ducks*

GUNNAR LINDAHL 
## [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

Craig Phillips 947617
Posted
Posted

If openGl wasnt supported it wouldnt display anything, or even initiate for that matter. Installing the latest graphics drivers may help. I recall having the same problem with a UK sector file. It turned out that lines in the sector file were not being p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]d correctly, and random chars appeared. My advice is to use the sector file debugger/error log in VRC, its very handy to find where errors occur.

Craig Phillips

Craig Phillips

Senior Student - UK South East - Mentor

Developer: Aircraft Situation Editor (ASE)

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted

Agreed. Ross is the expert on VRC, but a sector file being incorrectly p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]d (due to incorrectly formatted data), can certainly cause such behavior.