You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Flightplanning Information

Andreas Fuchs

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi guys,

congratulations to the new website!

One question: there is no reference at all on how to plan cruise flightlevels in AFI or CAF. There is "only" the RVSM-chart available where you refer to "eastbound" and "westbound". During one of my recent flights in your area, however, ATC told me that my RFL (requested flightlevel) was invalid because the "north-south-rule" is applied, like in southern Europe: EVEN levels from 270° until 089° and ODD levels from 090° to 269°.

So, what is true now? Is there any docomeent that highlights this rule? Could you possibly publish the rule together with your RVSM-chart?

Alexander Cohrs
Posted
Posted

Hi Andi,

thank you for putting our attention on that topic. In fact we use the conventional semi circular rule with east/west levels. Sorry for the confusion you experienced during your flight in CAF airspace - hope you enjoyed it anyhow.

I don't want to anticipate the director's decision, but we'll surely try to make this basic information available more easily - as well for our pilots as for our ATC staff.

Alex

PS: Had to write this on my mobile, sorry for any mistakes...

gen.php?img=_5_1&cid=899395

Thomas Mathieu 998318
Posted
Posted

The current RVSM chart posted on the new website is the correct flight levels. I will send an email to all FIR's to ensure all controllers are up to speed.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Best Regards,

Thomas Mathieu

VATAME1 Region Director

VATSIM Africa Middle East

http://www.vatame.net

[email protected]

TMSIGVATAME.png