You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

User defined TAGs

David Walsh 811659

David Walsh 811659
Posted
Posted

Hi guys,

A few questions regarding user defined tags:

1) Is the detailed tag ONLY available by mouse-overing (is that a word?) the datatag? Is it not possible to have the detailed tag available to all aircraft that you have tagged?

The reason I ask this is that I want the tagged and detailed datablocks to have different information but I don't want to have to mouse over the aircraft I control to get this detailed information - the aircraft I have control over should automatically display the detailed information.

2) Is there the ability to display the CFL instead of a temp alt in a datatag? Reason being, if I set up my tag to display a temp alt (if set), then the CFL is not displayed for aircraft in the climb, but it is set for aircraft in descent. If I set temp alt (always on) then for aircraft in the climb and descent, the CFL is displayed but it is also set when the aircraft has reached their cruising altitude and I don't need it displayed then. Is there any way around this?

3) It appears that you can only select an aircraft by clicking on its tag and not the RPS (Radar position symbol). Is there a solution to this?

4) When transferring an aircraft from one sector to another, only the callsign seems to change to colour - is it possible for the whole datablock to change colour?

5) Any chance of having the ability to display an 'F' (for Flight Level), in the same way 'A' is displayed for Altitudes?

It's a great piece of software guys. I am really just being picky here but I would love to be able to recreate our New Zealand Skyline radar system as much as I can. If I can't get anything else implemented, I'd love to be able to display detailed tags for all aircraft I own without having to mouse over them

Cheers,

David Walsh.

VATNZ

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

All of this can be done quite easily in the new plug-in environment.

David Walsh 811659
Posted
Posted

Excellent