You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Wrong Altitudes Shown by VRC

Ahmed Hasan 958620

Ahmed Hasan 958620
Posted
Posted

Hello

I've been at the VATME Online night event at Cairo Approach Facility and the CTR was online we got traffic callsign : AFR154 On 2nd May 2009

the pilot was at FL70 And Climbing when he suddenly showed FL370 And Climbing

I checked with the pilot and he said he is at FL70 and Climbing

I asked a fellow controller who was on HECC_CTR And he confirmed what the pilot said

I took screenshot from what the a/c data tag showed at my scope and CTR's scope

91719133.png

58703509.jpg

a few seconds later the CTR Confirmed that the pilot jumped to FL500 and Climbing

I think there is 20,000 FT of difference between radar indication and real one !!

So can someone clarify !?

Ahmed H[Mod - Happy Thoughts]an

vpa240.png

Craig Phillips 947617
Posted
Posted

This may be a flight sim issue, and not control client issue. The altitude may be received incorrectly from flight sim, thus seems to be incorrect on the scope. Was this happening with other aircraft, or just this one?

Craig

Craig Phillips

Senior Student - UK South East - Mentor

Developer: Aircraft Situation Editor (ASE)

Ahmed Hasan 958620
Posted
Posted
This may be a flight sim issue, and not control client issue. The altitude may be received incorrectly from flight sim, thus seems to be incorrect on the scope. Was this happening with other aircraft, or just this one?

Craig

Thanks for the reply

It was only this a/c

I think its a VRC issue because it is displaying 2 different altitudes on 2 different scopes at the same time but the same pilot

I identified him at FL370 While my colleague got him at FL070

vpa240.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Since it only happened with that one aircraft, it's hard to imagine how this could be a problem with VRC, especially since it's never been reported before in the years that VRC has been in use. I can't rule anything out, though. Is this a problem that you see consistently, or was it just this one time?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Ahmed Hasan 958620
Posted
Posted
Since it only happened with that one aircraft, it's hard to imagine how this could be a problem with VRC, especially since it's never been reported before in the years that VRC has been in use. I can't rule anything out, though. Is this a problem that you see consistently, or was it just this one time?

Thanks Ross for your kind reply

This have been the first time for ME to see it but if i remember correctly I think that the pilot advised that he used to have that problem before reported by other ATCs

so maybe something is wrong with the Pilots PC

vpa240.png