You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

LOWW Rwy 34 crash (FS2004)

Kyprianos Biris

Kyprianos Biris
Posted
Posted (edited)

I tried to land today at Vienna's Runway 34 and had a crash on each try as soon as I would p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] the touchdownzone.

Default FS9.1 scenery.

No addon's in the area.

Any clues anyone

I tried to taxi over there by entering the ruwnay slowly and again as soon as I approached the TDZ the aircraft crashed.

Edited by Guest

spacer.png

Hellenic vACC | Olympic Air Virtual

Europe Region Director 2001-2011

Pilot: P5 | ATC: C3

Markus Ristl
Posted
Posted

Hello Kyp,

iam not using the default scenery for LOWW. Try this freeware : http://www.speedbrake.net/auax/aua.aspx?id=95

Please report if your problems also occur with this scenery.

Thanks

Markus

greetings from Vienna / Austria

Markus Ristl

My Homecockpit

Kyprianos Biris
Posted
Posted

OK Markus I'll give it a try although my concern is more about MS's work on default scenery since I remember also from FS2002 having crashes at exactly the same spot (TDZ of Rwy 34). There must some sort of elevation tile change over there that causes it especially with sensitive (on ground bumps!) aircraft.

If it happens upon take off, so be it, you start again but when it happens at the very end of a flight ... its a nightmare especially if you're on a beta testing flight for a release candidate of a new addon aircraft and you need to test all its functions.

Although addon sceneries like this one are excellent, most of my concentration is on the flying/aircraft part of the simming. There is such extra demand for computer power with addon sceneries that most of the times I choose not to install them and use the extra FpS and less stutters on the flying and multiplayer display part of the hobby. Afterall that's what I here for

spacer.png

Hellenic vACC | Olympic Air Virtual

Europe Region Director 2001-2011

Pilot: P5 | ATC: C3

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Kyp,

what kind of FS do they sell in Greece? Seems to have different terrain-data Or did you have some drinks before landing and hit the highway instead of the runway?

Martin Georg 811874
Posted
Posted

Ah,

he just didn´t pay his virtual landing fees the last time he landed in Vienna ... :mrgreen::mrgreen:

*quicklytakingduckandcover*

best regards,

Martin Georg

3500.png