You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATBAH | Your Views on our events

Joshua Rice 1080656

Joshua Rice 1080656
Posted
Posted

Hey

I am curious to know what you guys, the pilots, think of the current and past events that have taken place in VATSIM BAHRAIN. That includes, OBBI and OTBD. Over the past couple of months events that we have had are;

VATME Weekly - Shared with all other FIRs

Bahrain - Doha Shuttle - First of our private event series

Abu Dhabi Night ops - Although not our event, we where online so if you flew through what was your opinion on our ATC.

Events coming up in the future

Bahrain - Shiraz 24th May

Bahrain - Dubai 31st May

Bahrain - Beirut 7th June

Again, i am asking this to find out your views. We aim to design events that you guys want to fly so honestly your opinions really do count. With the above events, what was good, what was bad and what can we do better! Also, what sort of events do you prefer to fly? What would make you do more flying in the Middle East?

I look forward to reading your replies and hopefully implementing them in the near future

All the best

Josh

EZY0104.png

Raffick Ramlan 1055010
Posted
Posted

Bahrain - Shiraz shuttle completed last night. That was fun I guess. As a regular flyer into and out of Bahrain, i have no complains really in terms of service and such. Everything was as expected. Hand-offs went well.

Just a few things, much of a personal note in fact, when I join an event, what I would like to experience:

1) ATC coverage at different levels(i.e. Delivery, Ground, Tower, Approach, Center)

2) Good amount of traffic. When i say good, I mean enough to keep the approach controllers busy. Not necessarily to the point of issuing holds, though I have no objections with holds, most people do.

3) Interesting destinations. There are plenty of airports around the gulf that's understated. Take me to somewhere new.

4) Short to medium routes. Again, this is a personal preference. I'm not a long haul person, the best part of IFR is really taking off and landing. Besides, then there's the chance of doing a return flight if the flight are not too long.

So yeah, that's basically it, just my 0.02$, it's not necessarily that you can provide those, I totally understand, especially regarding ATC coverage. So it's no big deal. Having a center controller at least is better than nothing.

Joshua Rice 1080656
Posted
Posted
Bahrain - Shiraz shuttle completed last night. That was fun I guess. As a regular flyer into and out of Bahrain, i have no complains really in terms of service and such. Everything was as expected. Hand-offs went well.

Just a few things, much of a personal note in fact, when I join an event, what I would like to experience:

1) ATC coverage at different levels(i.e. Delivery, Ground, Tower, Approach, Center)

2) Good amount of traffic. When i say good, I mean enough to keep the approach controllers busy. Not necessarily to the point of issuing holds, though I have no objections with holds, most people do.

3) Interesting destinations. There are plenty of airports around the gulf that's understated. Take me to somewhere new.

4) Short to medium routes. Again, this is a personal preference. I'm not a long haul person, the best part of IFR is really taking off and landing. Besides, then there's the chance of doing a return flight if the flight are not too long.

So yeah, that's basically it, just my 0.02$, it's not necessarily that you can provide those, I totally understand, especially regarding ATC coverage. So it's no big deal. Having a center controller at least is better than nothing.

Raffick, thanks for your feedback. It and anyone else who wishes to post some will help us planning our future events.

With regards to the ATC, you should have fun on Sundays event

And interesting destinations.....watch this space

Thanks again

Josh

EZY0104.png