You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATUSA problems

Scott Palmer 938489

Scott Palmer 938489
Posted
Posted

I am a recently joined member to the VATSIM community, so I know I could be screwing up but who knows. Anyways I got my VATSIM ID and pw all fine and I thought registered in the North America Region and USA. I can log into the actual VATSIM fine, but when I try to log into the VATUSA it says that I do not have an account......so I try to make a new account, but then it tells me that I can only have one account at a time, and when I try to change my region to USA it says that I am already in that region. I am very lost with what to do, I contacted the VATSIM membership services and told them my problem and they said it appeared fine or their end but they couldn't access the VATUSA end of things.

If anyone can help me out with any idea's it would be appreciated, for now I am going to continue flying and continue seeing if I can't get my account to work for the vatusa. Thanks

Dustin Robbins 887494
Posted
Posted

Just a heads up, I ran a VATUSA controller search using your cid and nothing came up. I'd contact one of the VATUSA staff, their e-mail addresses can be found on the website.

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Scott,

My take is that you need to create an account specifically on the VATUSA site - this is not the same as a new VATSIM account.

Yes, the ID will be the same (938489) but you should create a p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word of your own choice.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Jeff Thomas
Posted
Posted

Scott's issue is being taken care of.

Jeff Thomas

VATUSA10

Jeff Thomas

VP-IT

https://joinava.org

Jeremy Whittington 938747
Posted
Posted

Do we need to join VATUSA if we are not going to be a controller? I have read the email sent to me by vatusa, I have read their site, and its just unclear. It sounds like everyone flying in the USA division would want to sign up. But everything on vatusa's website is about controllers.

Jeremy Whittington

N445SN

3.png

Marc Sykes 852946
Posted
Posted

No, you only need to join VATUSA if you are planning to control in the imminent future.

Marc Sykes

Toronto ACC Trainee