You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New Member Trying To Connect with VRC

Daryl Jacobs

Daryl Jacobs
Posted
Posted

Hello all and thank you for letting me part of this community. I am new to Flight Simulator X (FSX) had it about 2 weeks and went the other day to get the GOLD version so it would have ATC functions. Still learning that software and came across the VATSIM site again when I was looking for info on flying and air traffic control. Please be patient with me as I just signed up today and I am still trying to find info etc...

I did download the VRC program because the links to the other ATC program were not working properly from the ATSIM website or outside of the site. I am trying to figure out how to Observe Only the ATC screen etc...to learn and not interfere with anyone. I have clicked on a few links to find sectors files but now I am just plain lost. I hope I am not the first one that needs asistance with this information. I have the program up and running (VRC) that is but can not find sector files after reading much docomeention for about 6 hours. I know once I figure it out it will be very enjoyable to learn how to connect to servers to learn ATC and to fly with FSX.

Please guide me in the right direction to get started. I consider myself computer savy but apparently not today!

Thanks for all you guidance in this matter, and thanks for letting me join this network of the filght sim world.

Daryl Jacobs -1110979

Joshua Black
Posted
Posted

If it's just the sector files you are looking for, you can get the sectors off the local FIR/ARTCC website. If you can't find it, please tell us which division/area you would like a sector for, and maybe someone from these forums would know where to get that particular sector.

Have fun!

Joshua Black

Daryl Jacobs
Posted
Posted

I found a sector file for LA airport from a website but I want a sector file for KMEM airport and the surrounding area. I am observing on the LA sector file but I can not hear any sound. How do I tune into or listen to the controllers to learn? I also need to enroll in the ATC program here at VATSIM and I am not really sure how to do so.

Any help is appreciated!

DJ

Daryl Jacobs -1110979

Joshua Black
Posted
Posted

I can't seem to find their sector off their site, so maybe someone else could help you out with that.

However, I can help you in setting up your comms. Open your controller list. Right click on the controller you want to listen to, and click "Request ATIS" The first line that shows up will look something like this: (this being an example.)

rw.liveatc.net/LAX_CTR

So, go to your comms. The name can be anything you wish. Type in the frequency, and then everything before the "/" type in the Voice Server area, and everything after the slash in the Voice Channel. Click OK, and then check the RX option. Don't check the TX as you will not need to transmit voice anyways, and don't set your Prim. You will only really need to do that once you are an active controller.

Joshua Black

Daryl Jacobs
Posted
Posted

Joshua,

Thank you so much for your help. Now I can hear the air traffic contollers with VRC and watch and listen and learn. I still haven't found the KMEM sector files but I am still looking. I really appreciate your help. This is so interesting to me.

Thanks again,

Daryl Jacobs

Daryl Jacobs -1110979

• 2 weeks later...
Justin Kuryliw 1113369
Posted
Posted

I am also new. Like stated above, thanks for allowing us to be part of your community.

I have been searching for about an hour now, and can't find sector files for ORD. Could you help me out? ORD is Chicago O'Hare in the VATUSA Division.

Thanks.

Joshua Black
Posted
Posted
I am also new. Like stated above, thanks for allowing us to be part of your community.

I have been searching for about an hour now, and can't find sector files for ORD. Could you help me out? ORD is Chicago O'Hare in the VATUSA Division.

Thanks.

http://www.zauartcc.org/resources.htm

Joshua Black

Espen Henriksen 1113585
Posted
Posted

Hello

i registerd today and have been sitting here for a few houers trying to figure oute how to eaven listen inn to other`s to learn the grips!

i opend VRC and checked all the mic settings and calibrasjon.

Then i try to connekt i have filled oute callsign, Real name, Facility (observer), rating (observer), ID, PW and server (Europe-ce) its not getting up enny error reports but i am getting up a "black" screen with the range sircles inside but no voice and no nothing!

it would be funn to observe/kontroll EGLL (Heatrow) how can i do that, is that possible?

in front thanks!

EH