You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

complete VATSIM rookie

Jay Lea 960913

Jay Lea 960913
Posted
Posted

Hi,

Im hoping someone can clear this up for me. I will explain what I have done.

My aim is to be ATC at manchester EGCC

Registered on VATSIM (done)

Joined UK division (done on VATSIM, not updated on VATSIM UK) (waited several days now)

Want to join northern sector to be able to ATC at EGCC (not done says im not registerd on VATSIM UK)

not sure if I have done this right? can someone tell me what steps exactly to be able to ATC at EGCC (manchester)

I dont know which software to use either. downloaded euroscope but dont know how to use it or set it up.

Im sorry if these are questions you have seen before, but the VATSIM for a noob is a mine field of information.

Many thanks Jay

John Mawston 972770
Posted
Posted

Good Evening Jay,

You have joined the VATUK Division. Welcome!

To control Manchester you will, as you mention, have to join the Northern section of the UK. The UK's split up into a number of these sections - we call them Regional Training Schemes (though you're more likely to come accross them referred to as RTSs). So you will need to join the Northern RTS (NRTS for brevity's sake).

Before joining NRTS you will need to make yourself a log-in to the RTS System (the system through which you will be able to request mentoring and will be able to contact all the other people in the region). To do this go HERE and hit "Join the RTS System" about half the way down. Once you've joined you'll be able to select Northern RTS as your preferred RTS and, once the RTS Manager has OK'd your join, you'll be on your way to controlling.

Before being able to control by yourself on Manchester, though, you'll have to p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] a quick 25 question multiple choice test (for which the relevant reading material can be found HERE) and a will have a few training sessions with a mentor on our offline simulator to help out as well.

Hopefully that answers all (or at least most) of your questions. If you have any more feel free to drop me a line using the link in my signature.

Good Luck!

John M

John Mawston

Vatsim Supervisor

VATUK

Jay Lea 960913
Posted
Posted

Thank you John,

Very helpful and fast reply too! It worked now, I have been able to register for RTS

• 2 weeks later...
Espen Henriksen 1113585
Posted
Posted

Thanks John that was really helpfull!