You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New Router.... Can't Connect to SB!!!!

Matt Kazin 994254

Matt Kazin 994254
Posted
Posted

Hi all-

I just had a Verizon Fios router installed and now all of a sudden I can't connect to SB. It says unable to initiate multiplayer session. I have no idea what to do. Anyone?

Thanks

Brad Littlejohn
Posted
Posted
Hi all-

I just had a Verizon Fios router installed and now all of a sudden I can't connect to SB. It says unable to initiate multiplayer session. I have no idea what to do. Anyone?

Thanks

Section 103g of the PRC should get you what you're looking for. You need to have the various ports used by SB3 open and forwarded to your Flight Sim machine. Once you have that, you should be good to go.

BL.

Brad Littlejohn

ZLA Senior Controller

Richard Walsh
Posted
Posted

If they installed "security suite" it will be a firewall software setting. Not actually the router.

Garry Morris 920567
Posted
Posted

heh...Garry's rule for new ISPs:

Don't let them install anything on your computer. If it can't be done from the router, you don't want it.

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted
heh...Garry's rule for new ISPs:

Don't let them install anything on your computer. If it can't be done from the router, you don't want it.

i second that one. Why would you let anyone other then you put anything on you computer even if you know the person or they are from a company.

Richard Gerrish

Developer, STM Applications Group

dave schunk 996646
Posted
Posted

You need to change the Firewall settings. Is your network wireless?