You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Blue Screen of Death

Phil Dornfeld 1083235

Phil Dornfeld 1083235
Posted
Posted

Help! My computer has crashed a bunch of times recently. I'll be in mid-flight and get the blue screen of death. There's no real rhyme or reason to it, although it usually seems to happen after I've been flying for an hour or two and I'm on final somewhere. I'm running FSX on a macbook pro laptop (I know this is probably the reason but I'm hoping maybe there are things I can do to prevent it). Sometimes I can fly for hours with no problem. I updated the drivers for my video card and sound adapter and still same thing. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Garry Morris 920567
Posted
Posted

No ideas without you providing more information - such as any EventLog errors that happen at the time of the BSOD, or text from the BSOD itself.

Phil Dornfeld 1083235
Posted
Posted

I wish I had a chance to read anything off the BSOD it disappears really fast. Is there something I should look for? Where would I find eventlog errors? I can try to note that next time.

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted

give this a go

To open Event Viewer, follow these steps:

Click Start, and then click Control Panel. Click Performance and Maintenance, then click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management. Or, open the MMC containing the Event Viewer snap-in.

In the console tree, click Event Viewer.

The Application, Security, and System logs are displayed in the Event Viewer window.

Richard Gerrish

Developer, STM Applications Group

dave schunk 996646
Posted
Posted

It's a hardware issue. You need to re-install the Operating System. If not that, you can preform a system restore from when it wasn't coming up with the "blue screen of death."

E-mail me if you need anymore help.

Garry Morris 920567
Posted
Posted

Dave, a blue screen, especially while using a program, is not always a hardware problem, nor does it always require an OS reinstall or system restore.

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted
It's a hardware issue. You need to re-install the Operating System. If not that, you can preform a system restore from when it wasn't coming up with the "blue screen of death."

E-mail me if you need anymore help.

hardware issues tend to be caused by drivers not working properly. if you just undated a driver roll it back to the prior version

Richard Gerrish

Developer, STM Applications Group

• 3 weeks later...
Brendan Samson 1070087
Posted
Posted

Before this stared happening did you make any kind of major system change?

8629.png