You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Washtington State VFR Charts

Alex Williams 1017795

Alex Williams 1017795
Posted
Posted

Hey,

Lately, I've found myself being attracted to flying VFR in Washtington State. Problem is, I havent been able to find any good and free VFR charts of Washtington state. I've used airnav/skyVector but there problem there is that it's digital and that it costs money to but the Charts where as I can get free VFR charts of really any place in Europe. Does anyone know a good website where I can get my hands on a few VFR charts of the Seattle area?

Thanks a lot!

"What comes up must come down"

Nicholas Bartolotta 912967
Posted
Posted

SkyVector.com is free - but yes, it is digital unfortunately. I don't know of anything free that is tangible/paper product.

Glad you like the Pacific Northwest area, hope to see you on sometime while I'm on ATC!

Nick Bartolotta - ZSE Instructor, pilot at large

"Just fly it on down to within a inch of the runway and let it drop in from there."

- Capt. Don Lanham, ATA Airlines

Garry Morris 920567
Posted
Posted

Paper costs. Frankly, we're lucky to have a great free place like SkyVector even if it is just digital.

Your only option would be to wait until you hear that there is a new chart cycle with changes to the Seattle Sectional and go dumpster diving at your local airport.

Michael Wolf 973921
Posted
Posted

Runwayfinder.com is a nice resource too.

Alex Williams 1017795
Posted
Posted

Ok, thanks alot guys!

"What comes up must come down"

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

ha i was going to recommend the same thing. FBO's are always throwing those things out. get in touch with one and theyre usually more then happy to give you all the charts and even approach plates they dont want anymore i used to have a bunch that id get when i was in CAP from one of the squadron commanders near us