it's coming - vroute for iPhone

Michal Rok

• 2 weeks later...
Now that's a cool - and amazing fast - application. Will it be possible to also book positions in future?

Thanks. To be honest, I don't think flight/ATC booking from mobile application makes too much sense. It might be useful for ATC booking (when being first means you get what you wanted) but I can hardly imagine myself booking a flight during lunch break...

In addition, this would complicate the application itself, because we would have to introduce a setup process to attach a VATSIM ID to your phone.

I personally see more benefit in the iPhone 3.0 features - for example, wouldn't it be cool if the app notified you by some-kind-of-SMS (push notification) when your friends go online?

Michal

vroute.net founder

Adding events to calendar is possible from desktop vroute. I have no idea why would someone prefer to type an interesting, extensive description of an event on iPhone's keyboard - and I hate one-liners instead of real event descriptions.

What do you mean by "sort by FIR"? There's already a blue disclosure button next to each country that has FIRs (see USA for example) that lets you pick a particular FIR and see only the flights there.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Hi Michal,

indeed I was just thinking about ATC booking and not about pilot's booking. It would just be nice for people like me that don't have access to a windows computer all the day so I just could book an ATC position in the evening - when the actions already starts.

Alex

gen.php?img=_5_1&cid=899395

I have to say that this was the first application that I added to my iPhone that I got as one of the kindest birthday presents I have ever received in my life!

I do love the fact that I can see who's online and what's happening at the touch of a button (screen).

It's simply wonderful, like vroute for desktop Michal and I thank you for developing it for us.

Mark Richards (811451)

Auckland, New Zealand

• 6 months later...
  • 6 years later...