You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Logitech Wingman Attack 2 (Joystick)

Zachary Slavutsky 1113073

Posted
Posted

Ok so here's the problem. I'm new to FS and just bought FSX.. I started the lesson in mid air and my joystick performed well for those lessons. The problem I am having is when I have start at a gate and turn to go to a runway.. The joystick isn't turning the plane. This is weird because the joystick turns the plane when in air and also turns the plane when on the runway just not anywhere else in the airport. Additionally when I push back from the gate, which I do via the keyboard because I don't now how on the joystick, the plane won't stop when I hit break. If someone can help me I would appreciate it

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted
The joystick isn't turning the plane. This is weird because the joystick turns the plane when in air and also turns the plane when on the runway just not anywhere else in the airport. Additionally when I push back from the gate, which I do via the keyboard because I don't now how on the joystick, the plane won't stop when I hit break. If someone can help me I would appreciate it

in FSX click on settings go to the buttons/keys tab. In the event category drop down menu click on Control surfaces. scroll down the list till you see Rudder (yaw left) and rudder (yaw right). Look at what key's they are mapped to (default is numpad 0 and numpad enter)and those keys will be what you use to steer your aircraft left or right on the ground. From the look of the online manual for your joystick you don't have a 3rd axis on the stick that controls your rudder. On an aircraft your rudder makes you turn on the ground and help you make coordinated turns in the air. while airborne the Ailerons are what make you turn.

during push back there is a tug pushing your plane back away from the gate so to start a push you hit Shift + P to push straight back Shift+P then 1 to push back and turn your tail to the left or Shift+P then 2 to turn your tail to the right. Let the tug push you back till you are on the tarmac then hit Shift+P again to stop. Once you're back from the gate call ground for taxi

Richard Gerrish

Developer, STM Applications Group

Posted
Posted

Ok so how do I make it so the plane doesn't automatically start to move once I rez at an airport because that is very annoying?

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted

first thing i would do is make sure your on throttle the joystick is set to idle....pulled all the way back toward you. If you're still having issues with it. Open up the settings menu and under joystick set a small deadzone and see if that helps

Richard Gerrish

Posted
Posted

You mean make sure the throttle is set all the way to the bottom?. additionally how do I set a dead zone, what will that do, and will it cause trouble later?

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted

In FSX they are called null zones. all that happens is the software doesn't recognize movement from that axis till it is outside of the zone. Null/dead zones are generally only used on aileron, elevator, and Rudder axis's however it might help you out if your throttle is too sensitive

Richard Gerrish