You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can't hardly wait-Geeks only please.

Andrew Pechmann

Andrew Pechmann
Posted
Posted

-Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80601920 - Retail

-G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model

-ASUS P6T LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power ... - Retail

-XFX HD-489A-ZDEC Radeon HD 4890 Xtreme 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail

- LIAN LI PC-A70B Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

Shipping out today!!!! :

signature.jpg

967.png

Matt Booker
Posted
Posted

Nice Spec!, I have my eye on this one....

Intel Core i7 920 3.80GHz!

VISTA 64 Bit

NVIDIA 285

Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 Intel X58 (Socket 1366) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard

Patriot Viper 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800 (1600MHz) Low Latency Tri-Channel

Titan TTC-NK85TZ Fenrir CPU Cooler

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB SATA-II 16MB Cache - OEM (Changed to X2 750's)

LG GH22NS40 22x DVD±RW SATA Dual Layer ReWriter (Black)

Corsair TX 650W ATX SLi Compliant Power Supply

Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound

Matt Booker
VATSIM Supervisor | Team 2 Lead

unnamed.png.9c373918856698c30d9103fb632eabff.png[email protected]

Andrew Pechmann
Posted
Posted

o.O very sweet setup Matt! I'm SO excited for the I7, and the 920 is so affordable right now it's great! I also forgot to mention I have a 150GB WD 10,000RPM Raptor hard drive, and a 1TB WD 7200RPM Drive.

I have been informed by my friend to hold out for Windows 7, it's apparently going to blow vista out of the water performace wise, also it will not have all the compatibility issues Vista had initially. You may want to consider that. I'm going to try out the Release Candidate for Windows 7 as Microsoft has it available for free on their website and it's apparently pretty good.

Cheers

signature.jpg

967.png

Sean Fisher 1042348
Posted
Posted

Windows 7 is going to be good (Fingers Crossed) but I really won't believe it until I see it sadly. The RC is there and the projected ETA is October 20, 25th ish. The RC is good but just dual boot it or put it in VMWare because MS made it automatically expire next March or June.

Regards,

[email protected]

I am Pushing Forward. Are You?

Andrew Pechmann
Posted
Posted
Windows 7 is going to be good (Fingers Crossed) but I really won't believe it until I see it sadly. The RC is there and the projected ETA is October 20, 25th ish. The RC is good but just dual boot it or put it in VMWare because MS made it automatically expire next March or June.

Yeah I plan to use it until the full version comes out. I don't have a copy of the 64-bit XP or Vista, and I really am not willing to shell out the dough for that if 7 is going to put them both to shame

signature.jpg

967.png

Colin Zhang 1103737
Posted
Posted

I had the Win7 RC for a couple months but reverted to XP this week - too buggy for me still and some Vista quirks I don't like . YMMV though...

VATUSA ZSE Staff Mentor, S3

1798.png

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted

Wow, that's the exact build I'll be getting in a month or 2. I'm gonna be using Windows 7 though.

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png

Erhan Atesoglu 1050499
Posted
Posted

doesn't make much of a difference... the majority of the problems introduced with Vista, are still going to be around for windows 7. The only good thing looking forward now is that Nvidia has dropped XP support in their "main" driver, and is vista+ only as of 186.18 drivers. With my i7 920 and standard clock rate I'm showing 25% improvement in FPS over the previous drivers. And the quality of the AA has gone up dramatically. And this is in 9.0c mode not even directx10

Andrew Pechmann
Posted
Posted
the majority of the problems introduced with Vista, are still going to be around for windows 7

Everything I've heard about Windows 7 disagrees with your statement Erhan, but I'll report on it!

signature.jpg

967.png

Erhan Atesoglu 1050499
Posted
Posted

Andrew: then you've only heard one side of the issue.