You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

problems with FS2004 and vista

Luis Donoso 919676

Luis Donoso 919676
Posted
Posted

Hello

I've installed my FS9 in Windows Vista Home Premiumin my notebook, initially it worked fine, with good performance. Last night when I wanted to run it to test my joystick, the simulator throwed me a problem, it says that the sim will close because there's no enough hard drive space, but I have more than 100 GB of free space!

Here are the specs of my notebook

HP Pavilion tx2532la

Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit

3GB RAM DDR2 800 MHz

250 GB of HD (aprox 110 GB of free space)

ATI Radeon 3200 HD

AMD turion dual core mobile RM-70 2.00 GHz

Before the problems, I ran defraggler to defrag my drive, can defraggler cause this problem?

I executed checkdisk and it says there was no problem.

I tried to restore my system, but the only restore point that exists before the defragmentation doesn't work

any ideas how to solve it?

Thanks in advance

Luis Donoso T. - Director - Chile vACC

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
Hello

I've installed my FS9 in Windows Vista Home Premiumin my notebook, initially it worked fine, with good performance. Last night when I wanted to run it to test my joystick, the simulator throwed me a problem, it says that the sim will close because there's no enough hard drive space, but I have more than 100 GB of free space!

Are you sure that was the exact error message? Is it possible you can duplicate it and type the exact words, or maybe post an image of the error?

You might be running out of virtual memory as a result of some other programs you have running at the same time. Starting your Flight Simulator session from a fresh boot and only loading the applications that you really need to run will minimize the change of memory (both virtual and main) error messages.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

http://www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

• Not a regular post, but a special
thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!