You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Hardware/Software? Sound Problem.

Kevin Vosper 1115828

Kevin Vosper 1115828
Posted
Posted

Ok, so I've been FSing since the beginning (PC Jr. ), but now I decided to get serious. MORE SERIOUS! I am a real world pilot (ppl), and I've always liked that FS helps with training to an extent, but alas I am trying to get more serious.

Here's the problem:

I'm running vista 64, 8gb ram, 512DDR4, and an amd quad 2.66 with fsx. Should be sufficient right? Still there are problems. I just tried to get on VATSIM for the first time. After a bit of har[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ment, I finnally got connected. BUT!!!! Somewhere along the way it kills my sound card... not just FS sound, but all sound until I restart the machine. Then all is well again until I repeat the cycle. It's an asus board built-in soundcard by the way. Also, I've just recently purchased the Level D 767, I love it, but could that be the problem? Either way, I have no voice with a [frozen?] sound card and I'd sure like to become part of the VATSIM community. I think It'll help with my real-world training Any advice will help,

Thanks

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
Somewhere along the way it kills my sound card... not just FS sound, but all sound until I restart the machine. Then all is well again until I repeat the cycle. It's an asus board built-in soundcard by the way.

I'll take poorly written sound drivers for $100, Alex.....

Try another sound card.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted

onboard audio has a nasty habit of not working properly. You might want to thing about getting a new audio card. there are quite a few in a range of prices on newegg.com they are relatively easy to install and configure as well

Richard Gerrish

Developer, STM Applications Group

Garry Morris 920567
Posted
Posted

Agreed. The term "on board" shouldn't be used with anything related to Audio or Video. LAN....maybe.