You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

EuroScope does not connect

Stefan Blauw

Stefan Blauw
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

First: I've read the topics on this subject. My sectorfiles have no ":" in it, my serverlist is up-to-date, I can connect using ASRC and VRC and I have sent some e-mails to Gergely, but even he was not able to help me.

This is the case: I have two laptops, and EuroScope has been installed on both. All my personal settings are correct, and so are the servers in the list. When I press the connect button, the connect button remains 'pressed' for some seconds, but nothing happes. I don't get an 'unauthorized software' message, it just remains pressed. Sometimes this lasts for 2 seconds, sometimes 20 seconds. Then it returns to normal (unpressed) and I am still offline. On the one laptop I can connect to Europe CW and Sweatbox, on the other I can connect to Oceania and Sweatbox.

I really have no idea what the problem is. I would be gratefull if anyone could help me.

Stefan

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

I know you have done that already, but how do you keep your servers up to date? Also what version of ES do you have and do you see any simulated traffic (don't connect, just see if ES is downloading the vatsim data)?

Stefan Blauw
Posted
Posted
I know you have done that already, but how do you keep your servers up to date? Also what version of ES do you have and do you see any simulated traffic (don't connect, just see if ES is downloading the vatsim data)?

I have version 3.0A. Simulated traffic is visible. My servers are up to date because Gergely has sent me a list of the servers he uses. I think I may [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume they are correct .

I can connect to the Sweatbox and Europe CW. Not any other server accepts me while using ES.

Stefan

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

That is your problem, for some reason ES hasn't load the correct servers, if you are able to see the simulated traffic, then you don't have problems with firewall, proxy and so on.

I can connect to the Sweatbox and Europe CW. Not any other server accepts me while using ES.

So you CAN connect to VATSIM? correct? but only via that server? Open ES open connection dialog and enter in the servers field 89.233.173.18 and try to connect. Have you try to load the servers by hitting "Load Servers" button in the Connection Dialog?

Stefan Blauw
Posted
Posted
That is your problem, for some reason ES hasn't load the correct servers, if you are able to see the simulated traffic, then you don't have problems with firewall, proxy and so on.

So you CAN connect to VATSIM? correct? but only via that server? Open ES open connection dialog and enter in the servers field 89.233.173.18 and try to connect. Have you try to load the servers by hitting "Load Servers" button in the Connection Dialog?

I only can connect to Europe CW and Oceania. Sometimes Europe CW 'refuses' me and then the only one left is Oceania, which has a big ping time for Europe. When I enter the IP adress you just gave me, I get an 'unautorized software' message. But it is the first time I see such a message!

Stefan

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Then we found your problem, as I said, ES fails to load the new servers IP addresses.

EUROPE-C2:88.198.19.202:Europe:Center Europe Server Two

EUROPE-CW:88.198.64.7:Europe:Center West Europe Server

EUROPE-CE:89.233.173.18:Czech Republic:CenterEast Europe Server

OCEANIA:202.45.127.66:Melbourne, Australia:Oceania Server

USA-S3:66.221.192.84:Texas, USA:South USA Three

UK-2:80.249.101.122:UK2:UK-2 Testing Server:1:

USA-W2:64.151.80.104:San Francisco, USA:West USA 2

Or try again to load the servers by "LoadServers" Button.

Stefan Blauw
Posted
Posted

Thank you, Todor!

The button 'load servers' does not work I think, because it changed nothing.

One more question, the servers don't change, do they? At least I hope the IP adresses are static addresses.

Stefan

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Well they don't change day to day....but recently there were some IP changes, that is why you can't connect with the default servers in ES. Can you just confirm that you can connect to the servers I gave you?! The button should change the IP addresses only, not the names, as they are the same...try to connect to some server after you have pressed the button.

Stefan Blauw
Posted
Posted

Yes, I can connect to the servers you gave me.

Stefan