You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Flashing Screen

Jody Turner 1018734

Jody Turner 1018734
Posted
Posted

I have a problem. When using Euroscope, just randomly through the session, I can find no repetitive reason that would cause this, but the screen starts to flash. The static text, my menu bars (Voice, top menu, chat, sector exit list, etc.) will dissapear, just for less than a second, and it repeats atleast every second, flashing. Does anybody know why this happens?

Thanks,

Jody Turner

Jody Turner - I1

Toronto FIR - Facility Engineer

8942.png

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

Do you have other programs running that could produce some kind of graphical output like an On-Screen-Display or such "Balloon Tips" in the Traybar?

Also you could ty to use another graphics driver.

Jannis Wiese 1015833
Posted
Posted

Or maybe it's the graphics card's hardware acceleration, I know that this causes some problems with VRC. Try to set it a bit lower.

Dusseldorf Approach Controller | MQT24X

edll,vatearth,euroscope.jpg

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

EuroScope does not use the graphic card's hardware acceleration, so as far as I know that problem is VRC only.

Did you experience that behaviour only with ES or with other software, too? What other programs are running apart from ES? Did you check CPU load while that happens?

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

What ES version is this?

Jody Turner 1018734
Posted
Posted
What ES version is this?

When I open Euroscope, says 3.0, file description says v3.d, and the File Version says 3.0.4.4.

EuroScope does not use the graphic card's hardware acceleration, so as far as I know that problem is VRC only.

Did you experience that behaviour only with ES or with other software, too? What other programs are running apart from ES? Did you check CPU load while that happens?

Yes, I've only experienced this with Euroscope. In the background, there's my browser running (Wyzo), MSN, and possibly Teamspeak. I will check CPU load when controlling today.

Jody Turner - I1

8942.png

Jody Turner 1018734
Posted
Posted

Just controlled. Approximately 1 hour and 48 minutes into it, the screen started flashing. CPU Usage was 60% when I checked, then went down to 30% and below. I had just finished talking to an aircraft, and opened my display settings. An aircraft also just departed my airspace.

Jody Turner - I1

8942.png

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Can you make one log file and send it to xumepoc(_at)abv_(at)bg?

If you have version 3.0d...do you use NARDS plug-in?

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Sometimes I also notice similar things. For me it lasts no longer than 3-4 flashes. It happens if some external program invalidates the are or changes the size of the area. The second one is the worse as that time it has to redraw all the contents. Such may happen when the size of the toolbar changes. Eg. I know that MediPlayer can be minimized to the bar, then the bar becomes some pixels bigger. And it can change its size. Then it could cause some flashing. For sure it happens only if PAINT events are generated somehow from Windows.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer