You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

GRAPHICS ISSUE

Karan Singh 998398

Karan Singh 998398
Posted
Posted

Hi all!

At first I had windows Vista 32 bit Home Premium edition on my Dell Studio 15 laptop and FS9 ran very smoothly, without any issues. But two days ago, I installed Windows 7 and then installed FS9. But when I started it, a major problem occured. The graphics at daytime arent very good but acceptable, but at night , its horrible! I can see rainbow colours in the clouds , and also around the edges of the landing lights. Also the runways and the ground look very weird.

After re-installing vista, this problem still remains and it has not only affected FS but other games such as Crysis,NFS most wanted etc...

The graphics card in my laptop is ATI MOBILITY RADEON HD 3450, and I had updated all the drivers for both windows 7 and vista, but the problem still persists.

DOES THIS MEAN MY GRAPHICS CARD IS SPOILT???

my laptop config is :

T5850 2.16Ghz

3GB RAM

250 GB HDD

256 MB ATI RADEON HD 3450

REGARDS

KARAN SINGH

Paul Byrne
Posted
Posted

Hi,

No. It probably means you should downgrade to the graphics drivers you were using before these problems started.

Cheers!

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted

keep in mind that companies are still working out the kinks for their win7 drivers.

Richard Gerrish

Developer, STM Applications Group

Garry Morris 920567
Posted
Posted

You're using what is essentially a beta copy of a brand new operating system.

Problems such as that are to be expected until everyone gets everything figured out.

Erhan Atesoglu 1050499
Posted
Posted

Or until Win7 service pack 1 comes out...

Karan Singh 998398
Posted
Posted

thanks !

will downgrade to the previous driver and try it out.