You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Euroscope vs Vista

Rodrigo Bastos 956101

Rodrigo Bastos 956101
Posted
Posted

Hello guys,

I need some help here. The ES was working fine with Vista and suddenly it doesn't even open anymore.

When I try to open the ES, a message comes "This program does not responding and must be closed".

This is the third time that this error comes. On the other two times (a couple of months ago), I just installed the ES on another folder and it worked. However, this is not working anymore.

What can I do?

Regards

Rodrigo

Lorenzo Van de Pol 1053272
Posted
Posted

Did you tried to open it with Administrator rights ?

Always problems with that in vista.

Lorenzo

Lorenzo Van de Pol

VATEUD12 | [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istant Training Director

Instructor | Divisional Examiner

Cillian O Luing 1032602
Posted
Posted

That happens to my ES when i try to open it when i don't have my USB headset plugged into my laptop. Maybe this is the problem?

Good luck sorting it out. Odds are, it's happened to someone else out there and they have a fix for you

• 2 weeks later...
Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

Well a suggestion has been made re opening with admin rights.

I have never had a problem with ES not opening. I do wonder looking at a number of the issues that users have brought up as to whether people just do standard installs or mess with the installation routines at all.

Wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

Cillian O Luing 1032602
Posted
Posted

just thought of something else:

right click the EuroScope.exe and click properties. Click on compatibility and then run in windows xp compatibility mode. Disable visual themes and hopefully it should work

• 3 weeks later...
Will Reynolds
Posted
Posted

I have the same problem....I found that if I save my profile when I close the session, the next day ES crashes on startup telling me "The program has encountered an error and needs to close"...what I need to do is delete the Cache.dll file and ES starts fine....or alternatively, I must NOT save any profile or TAG from my previous session, or the program will crash next time I start it (after computer restart)

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

Can I make a radical suggestion. To everyone in this thread having problems. Your problems are so random, you are making stabs in the dark as to the cause, why for goodness sake would the plugging in of a USB headset cause a problem with software.

The headset is hardware, not software.

Why run Euroscope in XP mode when it it completely compatible with VISTA 32 bit and 64 bit and the forthcoming release of Windows 7.

I can't help thinking that your installations are all messed up, the reason being that you may have tried to do something strange with your installations. My suggestionis deleting your copies of Euroscope, checking your hard drives via Windows explorer for anything to do with Euroscope and deleting that.

Do not look in the registry, if you dont know what your doping you will destroy your PC.

Reinstall Euroscope to the drive indicated and follow all instructions to the letter. You should have no problems at all.

Wycliffe

atc5o.png

Will Reynolds
Posted
Posted

hmmm...isnt "making stabs in the dark" how you start to isolate the problem? I have worked in IT for many years, and trust me, this is still the way things are done.

You are also taking a stab in the dark asking to delete Euroscope and reinstalling.

So which is it, do we try to fix things or do we try to fix things and call it something else?

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

Hi Will

Have you had any luck in troubleshooting the problem. If it stsill persists can you let me know how yoou are running FSinn and what your OS is.

Wycliffe

atc5o.png