You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

confused!

Ian Drinkwater 1069808

Ian Drinkwater 1069808
Posted
Posted

Is it true you can only see DX10 graphics if you have Vista? I am getting a new system next week but dont wont to switch to vista just yet. if i stay on XP will i still see DX10 with a new GTX260 GPU?

And could anyone please tell me if this system is adequate to run FSX with REX or if you dont agree with any of the hardware thanks!

ANTEC 300 case

Antec earthwatts 500-GB ATX 12V

Intel extreme DP45SG motherboard

Intel quad core Q9550 2.80ghz

4gb DDR3 at 800mhz

Nvidia GTX260

That is the system i am considering buying for the puropse of flight sim so i could do with some reccomendations on the above. (I have considered the I7) but out of my price range. All help is appreciated!

Thanks

Ian

Also considered the Asus p5Q motherboard but then have to go with DDR2 RAM so confused

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
Is it true you can only see DX10 graphics if you have Vista? I am getting a new system next week but dont wont to switch to vista just yet. if i stay on XP will i still see DX10 with a new GTX260 GPU?

DX10 is Vista-only, but I don't think you'll see any meaningful difference between DX9 and DX10, either in quality or performance.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.