You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

anyone want to do some vfr?

Tom Siday 1114859

Tom Siday 1114859
Posted
Posted

hi there, would a few people want to do some vfr flying tonight? possibly in some kingair 350's on an aircraft of that type, any other ideas i'm open to suggestions it can be from anywhere, really, but preferebly in the uk, that would be best, thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Ricardo Blunda 1090955
Posted
Posted

Hey hey!

Is the offer still up for grabs? I wouldnt mind either the KingAir, Caravan C20 or even the Grumman Goose (awesome thing to fly in groups, I bet).

Now, my knowledge of aviation is still sp[Mod - Happy Thoughts], but what if we fly in uncontrolled space, making it a wee bit easier?

Edit: as for the Grumman Goose, I can highly recommend this free rework of the original Goose by OZx:

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=633 (dont forget to grab the 1.00 to 1.20 update).

Tom Siday 1114859
Posted
Posted

Yer, that would be good, at about 1800z if thats ok (1900gmt) we can fly the goose if u want, we can decide what to do when we get online im fine with anything really, we can fly out of controlled airspace if u want, or because it is easy to fly vfr in controlled zone we could do that, i can help u if u want (even tho im new too, im getting the hang of vfr) thanks, EDIT: i dont think i will be able to use the goose, is it for fsx? i'm fs2004 and my computer isn't that powerful, so i don't know about that, but i have some other good boatplanes that do work so i can use those

Ricardo Blunda 1090955
Posted
Posted

Ah, ok I use FSX, but I dont think that should be any problems? You wouldnt happen to have the RealAir Scout by any chance? Bit slow, but thus easier Otherwise, how about the (default?) KingAir?

I'd prefer uncontrolled airspace, unless you're able to get our both through clearance etc. Im not really sure how it works when you're two flying the same route, really.

Unfortunately, I dont have a printer at home either, so I cant print out charts etc, and will have to make do with what I can put on the screen = asking for trouble, really...I often need good time to study the charts etc.

Btw, I'm in time zone CET, which I think is GMT+1...so that should be 20:00 my time. Works for me

Tom Siday 1114859
Posted
Posted

Personal messaging u now

Ricardo Blunda 1090955
Posted
Posted

Ok, Tom...Ive found out how to use the built-in private chat feature in FSINN. You will need to find out how to use your software (Squawkbox?) so that you can dial in a frequency *in* the FS plane and transmit through that.

Let me know how it goes.

Tom Siday 1114859
Posted
Posted

i wll try, but im downloading fsinn so we can use that if thats ok, when will we be doing it then? im fine with sometime tomorrow (pm me)

Mateusz Smolinski 1075726
Posted
Posted

Hi , sorry for last time but i would like to join you now guys, i'm usin fsx and fs9. We can meet today.

Student One Controller.

"Aviator |Gl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es " are the best ......

"Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will long to return.” –Leonardo da Vinci

Tom Siday 1114859
Posted
Posted

hi there mateusz, as long as ricardo is fine with meeting today we can go ahead, using fsinn (u'll need to download that if ur on sqalkbox) and using the gruman goose, http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=72083&Name=&FileName=&Author=&CatID=root thats for fs2004--what ill be using (i dont know how well it will work tho just have to wait and see

Ricardo Blunda 1090955
Posted
Posted

Yeah, Im finding it a bit hard finding the time for this. Last time we spent 1:15 without even getting off the ground.

I may be able to try today if its done reasonably soon. How does 14:00 CET sound for you guys? Thats little over an hour from now...

Tom Siday 1114859
Posted
Posted

sorry for miising u ricardo? i didnt think you were there, im ready now (1200z) si if you can join us that would be good, otherwise some other time