Simulator - initial climb level for departures

I have found that departing aircraft are automatically [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned 7000FT as the initial takeoff altitude in the simulator. Is there a way to change this, for example by specifying the initial climb level in the scenario file? I am working on a scenario where departing aircraft climb to 8000FT, and at the moment I have to change each aircraft manually. I can't find a reference in the wiki or forums about this issue and would appreciate any advice!

Thanks,

Andrew

----------------------

Andrew Carr

Director, ATC Training

VATPAC

Adam,

No; it appears to be a default setting in the simulator. As soon as I load the scenario, all aircraft sitting on the ground show an initial climb level of 7000FT in the 'Altitude' column of the Traffic Control Panel. I'm hoping to find a way to change this default setting so I don't have to manually change each aircraft before they depart.

Andrew

----------------------

Andrew Carr

Director, ATC Training

VATPAC

Andrew,

At the moment there is no attribute to set the initial climb level/altitude. I just put the 7000 to have a limit. I thought that normally when the plane receive a clearance the trainer will have time to set up all the things including the initial climb.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

• 1 month later...

Gergely,

Thank you for confirming this. I'm using the simulator for a TMA session where there is a simulated TWR, so the student doesn't issue a clearance or initial climb - TWR (ie. the instructor) just fires them off the runway. If there's any way for a future version of the scenario file to include an initial climb altitude for each aircraft, that would be a great feature!

In any case, thanks for an excellent piece of software in Euroscope and a very useful simulator.

Andrew

---------------------

Andrew Carr

Director, ATC Training

VATPAC

----------------------

Andrew Carr

Director, ATC Training

VATPAC