You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

PERFAC, Simulated Controller, Simulated Aircraft, COPX, COPN

Andrew Wolcott 814793

Andrew Wolcott 814793
Posted
Posted

I read you can override the built-in aircraft performance profiles using a PERFAC definition. Where does this definition go, in the ESE or the scenario file?

Also, any chance of being able to add multiple altitude restrictions at a fix? Currently we can only set one for simulated aircraft. Would be nice if we could program aircraft to step climb using this method.

Finally, the simulated controllers will not handoff to another controller even though the airspace is defined, as well as COPN and COPX?

Thanks!

Andrew

nmvx9d-2.png

Andrew Wolcott 814793
Posted
Posted

Anyone?

The docomeentation does not say where to put customized aircraft performance data. It only says you can input it. But which file did you do this in? It looks like this:

PERFAC:B737.

PERFLINE:030:230:230:210:0:0:0:3700:1600

PERFLINE:050:250:250:210:0:0:0:3600:1600

PERFLINE:100:250:250:250:0:0:0:3400:1600

PERFLINE:150:280:280:280:0:0:0:3000:1700

PERFLINE:200:280:280:280:0:0:0:2600:1800

PERFLINE:250:280:280:280:0:0:0:2300:2400

PERFLINE:300:0:0:0:078:079:078:1500:2400

PERFLINE:350:0:0:0:078:079:078:1100:2900

PERFLINE:400:0:0:0:078:079:078:800:2800

nmvx9d-2.png

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Can you show me where is it shown in the official docomeents, you can put a custom ACFT data?

!!!! DO NOT GIVE ANY LINKS FROM BETA SOURCE IN THIS PUBLIC FORUM. THERE IS A PLACE TO ASK THAT QUESTION.

Andrew Wolcott 814793
Posted
Posted
Can you show me where is it shown in the official docomeents, you can put a custom ACFT data?

!!!! DO NOT GIVE ANY LINKS FROM BETA SOURCE IN THIS PUBLIC FORUM. THERE IS A PLACE TO ASK THAT QUESTION.

It is not in the official docomeents. I don't understand what you are saying about do not give any links from beta source? What links? Do you mean to say do not talk about beta issues here on this forum? As far as the beta forum, providing a link would be more useful. Although I have it now.

Also, CAPS are not necessary sir.

nmvx9d-2.png

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

You missunderstood the caps, it was to prevent anyone to post a link to the beta forum. In the past the forum was flooded with bots posting spam post. This coused to change the url 2-3 times. That is why we don't want to post any link.

I know it is not in the official docomeents. The beta forum has it purpose and it is exactly that...to ask questions for features and bugs in the beta....anyone don't need to know about them at that point of dev.

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted
Do you mean to say do not talk about beta issues here on this forum? As far as the beta forum, providing a link would be more useful. Although I have it now.
The thing is, whoever gave you access to the beta should have told you not to adress beta-issues anywhere outside the beta-forum. As this obviously has not happened,

maybe you should now tell him, that he should have done that, and if he continues to hand out the beta, that he has to do it from now on.

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Hans Utne 813128
Posted
Posted

Stephan,

and if he continues to hand out the beta, that he has to do it from now on

Are you then saying that a beta-tester may freely distribute beta-versions outside the beta-tester group?

If so, can I please have one?

Hans Utne

VATSIM Pilot & SC

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

Well, let me put it this way: everyone joining the team should know, that he is not supposed to do that (and if, at least to ask before doing it), but as there are no security measures like p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word protected files or license numbers or anything like that, there is practically no way to prevent someone from doing it. In fact we know of at least two places where the beta is published where it is not supposed to be.

So as long as it is kept out of this forum here, and the people using it unofficially can live with the bugs and getting no support at all, we try to see it as some kind of promotion for ES, especially as we expect the public release not too far in the future. For after that release, there are already plans for some changes in the organisation of development, so maybe then we try to get some privacy back for testing.

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

Hi

I have never understood why beta testers would wilfully distribute beta copies of software. I have been a beta tester only twice once, for ASE, (Aircraft Situation Editor) and once way back in the day for Microprose, the Microprose agreement still prevents me from saying which product it was even though Microprose is long dead.

The whole nature and role of a beta tester is to test something before it goes out to public release, hopefully bugfree.

To release a possibly bugged copy of a product which cannot be supported, is in my view not even good publicity for the product. Why can't people just wait until it's done like all the rest of us.

My two pence worth and rant over.

Wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks