You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

cannot center Saitek X52 with X-plane/Mac

Barry Press 1100186

Barry Press 1100186
Posted
Posted

I have been using X-plane for quite a while and bought a saitek x52 stick several months ago. I have not used it much because even after setting it up according to the instructions in the Xplane manual, flight is unstable with the stick centered. That is, with all three axes centered, I still drift in all 3 axes. Shouldn't it be stable without any control input...or does it have to be trimmed in all axes...or am I not centering it properly?

For example, I just tried to re-center the stick in all 3 axes and all indications seemed to confirm this. When I returned to my simulation (X-plane 9.31 on a Mac) and disconnected the autopilot, the "centered" x52 put me into a 60º climb spinning to the right! Not good.

So far, because of this, it is impossible to use the stick and much easier for me to fly with the mouse or trackpad. I would really like to use the stick.

Is this a problem with:

the X52

the X52 vs my Mac

my setup of the X52

or ME?

Thanks!

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted

not an xplane user, but have you tried to set the deadzones for all three axis's?

Richard Gerrish

Developer, STM Applications Group

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

You could try the X-Plane forum to see if you get more help. I have used the X52 before on XP 9.22 both on a mac and on a Windows XP (pardon the repeat) machines and they are not that bad. It sounds like you have tried the calibration in the equipment setup, but if you haven't please do so.

I can't remember the tab name, but in the tab that allows the realistic vs stable setup, I find it better to use it between 50% to stable if not, yes, you will constantly have to be on the joystick and be gentle on it for changes...put them to the left and you will see exactly what you said...that is my experience with the X52 and a CH Yoke..so I put them to the right as much as possible.

Let us know what comes of it and do consider posting in the XPlane forum in case you have more troubles!!

Blue Skies!!

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1