You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

NEW to VATSIM

Oskar Alanis 1120281

Oskar Alanis 1120281
Posted
Posted

Hi um idk wat to do i have fs2004 and cant find any where to fly is vatsim a multiplayer game???? And im tryin to get in a role of ATC can anyone help???? plz and thank u

OSKAR

Bryan Wollenberg 810243
Posted
Posted

Hi Oskar and welcome to VATSIM. I would recommend visiting the VATSIM Pilot Resource Center. http://www.vatsim.net/prc It will tell you everything you want to know, and will help you get started.

Bryan Wollenberg

ZLA!

Oskar Alanis 1120281
Posted
Posted

thanks byran but thats for pilots isnt it im wanna be a atc

Bryan Wollenberg 810243
Posted
Posted

Sorry Oskar, since you mentioned FS2004, I figured you were looking to fly as well.

To become an ATC, go to the VATSIM home page (http://www.vatsim.net) and click on the blue "New ATC Start Here" link on the left side of the page. The only major item missing is that the ATC software list has not been recently updated. The two newest controller clients are VRC (www.metacraft.com/VRC) and Euroscope (www.euroscope.hu).

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask. Welcome again.

Bryan Wollenberg

ZLA!

Oskar Alanis 1120281
Posted
Posted

one more question can i change to be a pilot insted of an atc cuz it seems easier to become a pilot

Joseph Sherrill 1047575
Posted
Posted

You can do one or the other, or both! Being a pilot requires no ratings, you can just hop in and fly; while controlling requires you go through the local training program and earn ratings.

wAYEh.png

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted

Oskar, try to make an effort while writing, please.

This is a forum not your cellphone.

New York ARTCC

Oskar Alanis 1120281
Posted
Posted

Sorry Sebastien and is there a link to fly on multiplayer or what????? And is there a team speak server???????

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

That first link Brian gave you to the PRC will get you the information you need to connect and get coms setup (we don't use TS).

Kyle Ramsey

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted
Sorry Sebastien and is there a link to fly on multiplayer or what????? And is there a team speak server???????

I'm sorry, but was that the improved version of the communication? Couple that with the fact that you're asking questions which are specifically answered in the docomeent to which you were first referred, it can make for truly painful reading.

Oskar Alanis 1120281
Posted
Posted

im sorry but im still lost i already have a membership with vatsim as an atc. i just went ove the prc im so sorry i dont know what to do

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

The PRC explains a lot of the basics, including what you should/shouldn't do, where to get the software that's needed to connect your flight simulator to VATSIM, how to connect, and what to do for the first flight.

I just flipped through the REQUIRED READING section, and then browsed section 101, 102, 103, etc. It's all there.

Which part of the process is not making sense?