You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Offset approaches - Sectorfile building

Eivind Fosse 818131

Eivind Fosse 818131
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I'm in the process of building a sectorfile for Norway exclusively for EuroScope use.

I've encountered a problem:

Due to the topography, many airports in Norway use offset approaches, and approaches to one RWY only with circling. See the following for an example of LLZ approach to Mo i Rana with about 120 deg (!) offset:

http://www.ippc.no/norway_aip/current/AIP/AD/ENRA/EN_AD_2_ENRA_5-1_en.pdf

When building sectorfiles to VRC one could use the following format:

1 - Runway number with an optional L, R, or C for Left, Right or Center.

2 - Runway number for the opposite end.

3 - Magnetic runway heading.

4 - Magnetic runway heading for the opposite end.

5 - Latitude of the runway start point.

6 - Longitude of the runway start point.

7 - Latitude of the runway end point.

8 - Longitude of the runway end point.

14 32 000 076 N066.21.59.520 E014.17.45.140 N066.21.39.280 E014.18.27.780 ENRA Røssvoll

This would draw one centreline on the inbound course 076 to the RWY 32 THR. Since RWY 14 has 000 as magnetic heading , the centreline would not be drawn at all. That is good as no instrument approaches is available for RWY 14.

In Euroscope it seems like only the coordinates are considered and both extended centrelines are drawn out from them… I know that it is possible to remove one, or both, centreline in the Display Setup page in ES, but I would like it to be impossible for the controller to display centrelines that do not offer a instrument approach.

Is there a way to solve my problem and draw only one line for a single runway – and to make that one offset?

Thanks!

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Eivind,

I am sorry to say, but at the moment you can do it using the Display Setup. No way to prevent the user to switch on the other way if he wants to.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Eivind Fosse 818131
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the quick reply Gergely,

How about the offset inbound course? Is this also not possible...?

Thanks,

Eivind

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Eivind,

There is no information for that in the sectorfile. You should draw the offset approach lines as STAR-s e.g., but not as extended centerline elements.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer