You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATSIM forum moderation

Scott DeWoody

Scott DeWoody
Posted
Posted
Censorship Censorship Censorship anything that posted that dosen't sing the praises of this administration gets locked or HIDDEN... Its farcical

Nonsense eh? I'm forced to agree with Graeme here, as one of my posts in a different thread has been deleted!

Scott DeWoody

CEO - American Virtual Airlines

joinava dot org

y572_1.jpg

tom van der elst
Posted
Posted
Censorship Censorship Censorship anything that posted that dosen't sing the praises of this administration gets locked or HIDDEN... Its farcical

Nonsense eh? I'm forced to agree with Graeme here, as one of my posts in a different thread has been deleted!

Yeah,one deleted posts means all VATSIM moderators are censoring the fora.

Wake up and smell the coffee,please.

cheers

Tom.

f1cert.gif

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

I don't believe I said it didn't happen; I said the facts, and all of them, not just selected facts, do not support that people who disagree with 'this administration' gets their posts locked or deleted. It is almost never the root cause of a locked topic that the OP or next poster disagreed with 'the administration'; it is generally how they disagree and when that disagreement p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es the line of healthy dialog and into CoR violation territory. If 'the administration' did not perform moderator duties then the accusation would be leveled that 'the administration' is shirking its responsibilities to adhere to the CoR.

Kyle Ramsey

Graeme Florance 906409
Posted
Posted

Yeah,one deleted posts means all VATSIM moderators are censoring the fora.

Wake up and smell the coffee,please.

cheers

Tom.

It happens on a very frequent basis not just one !!!! I like mine with a little milk and two sugars

Kyle,

I have had several posts deleted and threads locked, would you care to advise me how i have ventured into COC violation territory?

Andrew Podner 994055
Posted
Posted

This has morphed into a thread about how VATSIM moderates its forums, can it be moved to a more appropriate place, please? This has nothing to do with VATUSA anymore.

Thx

Andrew Podner

Division Director

VATUSA

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

Done.

Graeme,

Yes I could, but only on a specific case by case basis. Give me any one post that got removed or deleted and I'll give you a specific answer.

It is also the policy of those who moderate this board that any message altered, moved, or deleted, the poster needs to know why. If it isn't completely obvious (i.e., removing a person's name in the middle of a post) then you can expect to get a PM about why. We owe you that.

Having said that, people in the middle of a p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ionate disagreement rarely agree with the why. Once emotions calm down, they generally understand better.

My personal style is to send a PM with the why, or if I edit a post I leave the reason, my initials, and my CID so the OP can contact me. One did just last week; he disagreed with my action and told me so (the thread about a VA recommendation if you want to go see).

Also notice that since Bo reposted with the CoR issues redacted, the post remains, uncensored, for all to see and bask in its glory. I also see several fruitful conversations ongoing as a result of it, which can happen when we leave the personal attacks out of it and focus on issues aligned behind a common goal.

Kyle Ramsey

Scott DeWoody
Posted
Posted
This has morphed into a thread about how VATSIM moderates its forums, can it be moved to a more appropriate place, please? This has nothing to do with VATUSA anymore.

Thx

Andrew, my original post, and the one that got deleted has/had nothing to do with how VATSIM moderates their forums, but how I had posts deleted, and threads locked in the VATUSA side forum. Now, I don't know who deleted my post, and I'm not going to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume who did, all I know is that it was in the USA section, and now it's not there, and to be honest, it wasn't anywhere close to a CoR, CoC, or any other regulatory docomeent violation, it was a very "general" statement to say the least.

Additionally, I'd like to apologize to anyone VATUSA2 and down, if you felt that I was referring to you, cuz I wasn't and I believe you all are probably doing the very best you can to make things work. Good luck in all your endevors.

Scott DeWoody

CEO - American Virtual Airlines

joinava dot org

y572_1.jpg

Justin A. Martin
Posted
Posted

Additionally, I'd like to apologize to anyone VATUSA2 and down, if you felt that I was referring to you, cuz I wasn't and I believe you all are probably doing the very best you can to make things work. Good luck in all your endevors.

Now I'm starting to get tired of this. All I have seen from you, Scott, is an unacceptable attitude towards an extremely hard worker because of your personal feelings. All you are doing is acting like a 12 year old and calling VATUSA1 out... and why? Because you don't like him? Have you seen what he's been doing behind the scenes? No. You have a "vendetta" of some sort against him, and that's something YOU need to work out on your own time. At first I thought you really got into the issues, but now I just realize you are trying to find any and every way to put down our Division Director.

I'm sorry. I've tried to stay out of these topics, but I'm not going to standby and continue to watch grown men act like kids on the playground.

JM

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

Let me get this straight. Essentially, you just admitted that the entire fiasco you've been very publicly demonstrating in this forum is a personal attack against USA1. As an [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istant regional director yourself, I find that strange. A vast majority of the people under the current administration is very satisfied with the work that has progressed thus far in VATUSA. That work and the future game plan has been posted publicly in the VATUSA Forum for all to see, and saying that the progress shown there is evidence of an inability of our director to "make things work," that just simply doesn't make any sense. If you're unsatisfied with the current director, making or participating in threads designed to amplify your personal attacks is not the correct way to go about dealing with it. Additionally, I'll say that your sending out of a m[Mod - Happy Thoughts] apology to USA2 and down is probably not going to be widely accepted; the divisional staff is a well-knit team.

Graeme Florance 906409
Posted
Posted

And the ranks are closing again !!!!!

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

Well, this one has also wandered off topic.

Next off topic post here and it locks.

Kyle Ramsey

J Jason Vodnansky 810003
Posted
Posted
Well, this one has also wandered off topic.

Next off topic post here and it locks.

CoC A.12 seems to apply here...

A threat? Perhaps.

Intimidation? Sounds like it likely could be.

On a VATSIM forum? Yep.

Yet the post is still here... Oh yeah, the rules only apply when they are conveinient for those "in power", not for the membership.

Thanks,

Jason Vodnansky

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

That's better. I knew I could count on you, Jason.

Kyle Ramsey

J Jason Vodnansky 810003
Posted
Posted

My pleasure...

Glad to help,

Jason Vodnansky