You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

EuroScope won't connect (Solved)

Kasper Andersen 1080995

Kasper Andersen 1080995
Posted
Posted (edited)

I've tried for the better part of a day to get EuroScope to work.

The problem is when i press connect it actually looks like it gets connected because the "Voice communication" popups. But then it looks like it disconnected immediately after that. No error message, nothing at all.

I've searched through most of the EuroScope help section and haven't found a solution to my problem yet.

I have tried changing to the right server ip's which helped it actually connecting, but getting the problem above.

Also I've tried using both the old and new sector files for Denmark, which I've read could be the problem. Actually i just got an idea when writing this to try out a sector file for another country.

Any ideas?

By the way VRC works fine.

Edited by Guest

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Which servers did you tried? Where did you get the addresses for them. Can you see simulated traffic ( the offline vatsim data )? How does the icon Connect changes after you see the Voice Comm window?

Kasper Andersen 1080995
Posted
Posted

I've tried all these servers, found them in a thread somewhere:

88.198.19.202 EUROPE-C2

89.233.173.18 EUROPE-CE

88.198.64.7 EUROPE-CW

202.45.127.66 OCEANIA

80.249.101.122 UK-2

66.221.192.84 USA-S3

64.151.80.104 USA-W2

And no i don't see any simulated offline data.

The icon changes from "Connect" to "VatSim", and then back to connect again.

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

EUROPE-C2 88.198.19.202 is working as I'm online right now. You don't see the offline data because you haven't activated the simulated traffic from ES "Quick Set" menu or even then? Does ES shows any error messages at all?

Kasper Andersen 1080995
Posted
Posted

The "Show simulated traffic" is on. Maybe its just me who dunno how to use EuroScope, but it sure seems like it doesn't get properly connected. And it should at least show some kind of data.

No there aren't any error messages.

Is there something special i need to do to make EuroScope work?

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Well for some reason ES can't connect to VATSIM, do you have firewall, route on which you have to give ES a clearance to p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] through?

Kasper Andersen 1080995
Posted
Posted

No i don't have any firewall, i have even tried it on my laptop where it doesn't work either. And i have tried it with a completely different ISP, but with no luck what so ever.

As i i wrote earlier VRC works just fine, so it's not any kind of firewall or router settings.

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Can I ask to write step by step how you enter the server IP and try to connect?

Kasper Andersen 1080995
Posted
Posted

Here's a picture of it, if thats okay.

I just tried changing my call sign because i just saw it got truncated to 1080995_OB and that seemed to do it. I can connect perfectly now.

Thanks a lot for the help

10egfu0.png