You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Keyboard Malfuncion - Help needed

Arjun Murthy 1051343

Arjun Murthy 1051343
Posted
Posted

Hello all,

I have a small but annoying malfunction with my keyboard.

Close to the beginning, the e and the l button didn't work. Then that fixed itself except for a few times.

Now, whenever i press the n, m, ,, . or windows button, the slash button activates itself and holds down till i type something. The e and the l key works mostly fine after the slash key problem. Sometimes it stuffs up. The slash key doesn't work when i actually press it. (yes i had to backspace many slashes while typing this).

Genius GK04008/C Keyboard with Windows XP SP3. (And surprisingly it sometimes fixes itself probably when the keyboard is in a unique position).

I sometimes put my keyboard right up to the monitor causing the wire to bend a bit and that is something i suspect. Could this be the problem or are there any other possiblities.

Many Thanks

Arjun

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted

sounds like a wiring or something shorting out the circuit boards. quick easy fix get a new keyboard or take a can of compressed air and blow out the keyboard and see if that helps.

Richard Gerrish

Developer, STM Applications Group