You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

SQB4 Installation Error

Kyle Perry 1088010

Kyle Perry 1088010
Posted
Posted

Hey guys I have been doing vatsim for 2 years then stopped for 6 months and now I am trying to come back but when I go to install squawk box it says that I don't have a valid version of Flight simultor installed such as fs2002 fs2004 fsx. If you have any idea please answer back asap thanks!

Kyle Perry 1088010
Posted
Posted

Thanks very much!!!

Kyle Perry 1088010
Posted
Posted

Alright back to square one I installed the reg fix and that worked so now I can fly online but me and a billion others have the same problem I can't see anyone online flying at all my friend pulled up right next to me and I couldn't see him at all. I downloaded that hotfix thing but it said that the update wasn't for my system. I am running Vista (x86) 64-bit operating system and McAfee for security i have heard that the McAfee was a huge problem but I don't know if anyone has an answer please respond ASAP!!! Thanks. Oh and I am running SQB4 if that has any effect.

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted

try disabling your firewall and see that helps. are you running Sb thru FSX or as a separate process?

Richard Gerrish

Developer, STM Applications Group

Joshua Black
Posted
Posted

I had Vista and McAfee with the exact same problem. Just disabling McAfee will not fix the problem. You need to remove it completely.

Joshua Black

Kyle Perry 1088010
Posted
Posted

Do you have any suggestions on an alternate security system so I at least have one to protect my computer?

Kyle Perry 1088010
Posted
Posted

How come though they say there is a fix for this problem of vista and squawk box on the sticky in the forum they say you don't need to uninstall any security programs or anything just run the program they tell you to download and it should work.

Robert Wright
Posted
Posted

Kyle,

Try these, I believe they both work with FSX/Vista, they also have a 30 day trial and Free versions . .

Avast :- http://www.avast.com/

AVG :- http://free.avg.com/

Rob

ascii-planes.png

333336.png

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
Alright back to square one I installed the reg fix and that worked so now I can fly online but me and a billion others have the same problem I can't see anyone online flying at all my friend pulled up right next to me and I couldn't see him at all. I downloaded that hotfix thing but it said that the update wasn't for my system. I am running Vista (x86) 64-bit operating system and McAfee for security i have heard that the McAfee was a huge problem but I don't know if anyone has an answer please respond ASAP!!! Thanks. Oh and I am running SQB4 if that has any effect.

You apparently downloaded the hotfix for the wrong platform. You can't be running both Vista x86 and Vista x64. If you're not sure you can right click on Computer from the Start menu. Click on Properties. Look at System type. If it says 32-bit Operating System you're running x86. If it says 32-bit Operating System, you're running x64.

Also, you will probably have to install the latest service pack for Vista which is SP2.

By the way, looking at the page, it should detect your platform.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

• Not a regular post, but a special
thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!

Robert Wright
Posted
Posted
If it says 32-bit Operating System you're running x86. If it says 32-bit Operating System, you're running x64.
Larry meant to say :-

" If it says 32-bit Operating System you're running x86. If it says 64-bit Operating System, you're running x64."

Rob

ascii-planes.png

333336.png

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
If it says 32-bit Operating System you're running x86. If it says 32-bit Operating System, you're running x64.
Larry meant to say :-

" If it says 32-bit Operating System you're running x86. If it says 64-bit Operating System, you're running x64."

Thanks, Robert.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

• Not a regular post, but a special
thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!