You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Adding route problem

Todor Atanasov 878664

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

I have a problem modifing/adding new route from AIRAC 0908, but I get errors saying some points and routes are not found, altho there are there (polun p740 timur p159 gol) I have set AIRAC 0811, is it possible when entering a new route vRoute to check the new AIRAC not the set one?

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

you can update the airac cycle in vroute

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

I don't want to, and I don't think I need to update the AIRAC if I only add routes.

Mark Richards
Posted
Posted

As per the docomeentation in vroute, vroute only checks route accuracy from the current AIRAC, the one before and the latest freeware one released that does not require a Navigraph subscription (0711 I think is the latest, but I could be corrected).

This is because of the sheer volume of data that Michal would have to keep on his server to do every single AIRAC.

Remember that if you subscribe to ANY Navigraph update (PMDG, Level D, PSS etc) there is no extra charge to download the vroute update file.

Mark

Mark Richards (811451)

Auckland, New Zealand

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Actually, 0811 is the latest freeware airac cycle.

If you submit a route that is valid in 0811 (which is a condition for it to be accepted, if you have previously chosen 0811) it will be automatically copied to 0908 and all other cycles where this particular route is valid. However, if your route is valid in 0908 but not in 0811, you need to switch to 0908 first.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Mark Richards
Posted
Posted
Actually, 0811 is the latest freeware airac cycle.

That will teach me to reply from memory when I am at work... I was only 12 months out!

Mark Richards (811451)

Auckland, New Zealand