You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Nvidia XFX Geforce 9600GT 512MB

Chris Spencer 1050280

Chris Spencer 1050280
Posted
Posted

Hello fellow Vatsimers,

I was wondering if anyone on the forum was using a Nvidia Geforce 9600GT to run either FS9/FSX, and how it performs for them and how many fps they are geting before I purchase it ?

Comments as always more than appreciated

Regards,

Chris Spencer

Student At The Aviation Academy

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

The 7900GS works beautifully on XP.....

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

Chris Spencer 1050280
Posted
Posted

Absolutely Fantastic card !

Getting between 50-80fps on max settings, well worth the purchase and id recommend it to anyone

Cheers,

Chris Spencer

Student At The Aviation Academy

Ingo Harders
Posted
Posted

wow! 50-80 fps

If I am lucky I get 30. The average is more like 15 though and I have the same card. I run FSX on Vist 64bit with 4gb RAM and a intel2 quad Q6600 @ 2.4ghz...

must be doing something wrong...

• 2 months later...
Blake Gray 841141
Posted
Posted

I hope so !

You could have alot of aircraft and scenery addons? I got the 1Gig version of the 9600 - tryin it out in a bit.

"Keep The Shiny Side Up And The Greasy Side Down !"

Live Streaming Simulators KSP, TKOM, FSX, ARK

Nicholas Taylor 1104922
Posted
Posted
wow! 50-80 fps

If I am lucky I get 30. The average is more like 15 though and I have the same card. I run FSX on Vist 64bit with 4gb RAM and a intel2 quad Q6600 @ 2.4ghz...

He was clearly talking about FS9, the 9000 series could never dream of that FPS in FSX with descent visuals.

Nicholas Taylor

vZAU INS

Ryan Whitford 995253
Posted
Posted

9800GTX for me and its nice, FSX is kinda laggy though. Buts its all about the CPU.

http://www.allegiantva.org Join if you have skill!

wideloadwhitford.png

allegiantvabanner.png

Windows 7 Ultimate (64)

Intel i7 2600k 4.2 Ghz

Gskill Ripjaws 8GB 1600

750 WD

Nvidia 560 Ti 1GB

Erhan Atesoglu 1050499
Posted
Posted

Just don't go crazy with your AA and AF... some people out there are running 8xSS and 16AF which truly boggles the mind considering the hardware can't keep up. If you want a slideshow do that.. if you want good frames stick to what's provided in the FSX hardware control page. Really simple stuff but obviously most people have no experience coding graphics and really don't know when enough is enough.

Gary Morris 1090995
Posted
Posted
wow! 50-80 fps

He was clearly talking about FS9, the 9000 series could never dream of that FPS in FSX with descent visuals.

Nicholas, I run FSX with Full AA and Ultra High model detail with this EXACT card, and I get a comfortable 30 - 60FPS with proper payware, such as the Level-D and the PMDG 747

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Nicholas, I run FSX with Full AA and Ultra High model detail with this EXACT card, and I get a comfortable 30 - 60FPS with proper payware, such as the Level-D and the PMDG 747

Gary, if you don't mind the question, what do you have for an operating system, ram, and cpu? (I'm planning to put together an FSX computer.)

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Gary Morris 1090995
Posted
Posted

Sure Ross,

I run the following

Windows XP Home Edition x32

Asus P5Q Motherboard

4GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 RAM

Intel E7500 LGA775 2.93 GHz

And of course...

Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT 512MB

BUT I do hold FSX on a SSD so that helps with loading times an incredible ammount

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
BUT I do hold FSX on a SSD so that helps with loading times an incredible ammount

Thanks for the info ... do you feel like the SSD helps FSX in any ways other than the load times? Perhaps loading scenery or aircraft textures? I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy an SSD for my new system as well. Which one do you have? Any problems with it? (Hope you don't mind the rapid-fire questions. )

Gary Morris 1090995
Posted
Posted

LOL no problems! I bought a cheap SSD off of a local company here in the UK. It runs a load time of around 200MB/sec so it's pretty fast.

Textures and sceneries definitely load faster with it, but as I said I have the drive dedicated to FSX only, so I don't know what will happen if you throw anything else on there. I have found a bit of an increase in frame rates due to the decreased load on the system from loading times.

Also, as you may know from some payware models, you sometimes get a grey screen when transferring between views in the aircraft. These are almost instantaneously loaded so you barely notice them.

If I were you, I would go for it and get two, if not more, and RAID them together. I've always liked RAID 1

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Cool, thanks for the info.

If I were you, I would go for it and get two, if not more, and RAID them together. I've always liked RAID 1

Not sure I'm going to go quite that far right away.