You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Buffer Space error/ issue.

Nick Ullom 1041939

Nick Ullom 1041939
Posted
Posted

Hello guys,

I'm running FS2004 on the latest version of squawk box. So I connect, do all the stuff checklist, push back,etc.. taxi to runway. take off, cruising for about maybe 30mins? I get disconnected. Trying to re- connect, a pop up says Buffer space not available. I cant even get on the internet, even task manager won't load, the error for the task manager is " The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000017) Click on OK to terminate the application. It's been doing that for awhile, don't remember the specific date. But not too long ago. I'm thinking last week.

Comp specs:

MSWindows XP

Home Edition

Version 2002

Service Pack 3

eMachines

T3120

AMD Sempron Processor

3100+

1.81 GHz, 1.50GB of RAM

And my graphics card is Nvidia 7300 GS, along with two dell 20 inch monitors on it, in dual view mode.

Hope, I hear from you soon! If you need other information that I did not provide, feel free to post a reply, and I'll get back asap! of course

- Capt. Nick

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted

lookin like you might be running a little low on Ram. Looking at the Emachines website looks like you can add a full 2gigs. also make sure you've got the latest updates for all your software on your pc

Richard Gerrish

Developer, STM Applications Group

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
lookin like you might be running a little low on Ram.

I was able to run XP, FS9, SB4, ACARS and AS6.5 with "only" 1GB. If the problem has gone away, I wouldn't worry about it.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

• 2 weeks later...
Nick Ullom 1041939
Posted
Posted

Hey guys, Disregard this. I got a new one on its way!

Here's are the specs if you would like to know and get jealous about.

From cyberpowerpc.com

CASE: Apevia X-Cruiser 2 Mid-Tower Case w/ Side-Panel Window & MultiMeter Display (Black Color)

Neon Light Upgrade: NONE

Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Default case fans

POWER SUPPLY Upgrade: 800 Watts Power Supplies (CyberPowerPC XF800S Performance ATX 2.0 Power - Quad SLI Ready)

CPU: AMD Phenom™II X4 965 Black Edition Quad-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology

COOLING FAN : CoolerMaster V8 Gaming CPU Cooling Fan (Extreme Silent Operation at only 22dBA + Overclock Proof)

MOTHERBOARD: Asus M4A77TD PRO AM3 DDR3 AMD 770 Chipset CrossFireX Technology SATA RAID MB w/GbLAN, USB2.0, &7.1Audio

MEMORY: 8GB (2GBx4) PC1333 DDR3 PC3 10666 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)

FREEBIES: None

VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 16X PCI Express (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)

VIDEO CARD 2: None

Free Game: None

MULTIPLE VIDEO CARD SETTINGS: Non-SLI/Non-CrossFireX Mode Supports Multiple Monitors

LCD Monitor: NONE

2nd Monitor: NONE

HARD DRIVE: Single Hard Drive (500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)

Data Hard Drive: NONE

HARD DRIVE COOLING FAN : None

USB PORTABLE DRIVE: NONE

Optical Drive: LG 22X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Dual Layer Drive (BLACK COLOR)

Optical Drive 2: NONE

SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

SPEAKERS: 600Watts PMPO Subwoofer Stereo Speakers

NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

MODEM: NONE

Mega Notebook/Netbook/Server Bundle: None

KEYBOARD: NONE

MOUSE: NONE

Extra Thermal Display : Xion XON-MTR002B Color LCD Thermal Control Panel Display

Wireless 802.11B/G Network Card: NONE

Bluetooth: None

Flash Media Reader/Writer: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)

VIDEO CAMERA: NONE

PRINTER: None

PRINTER CABLE: None

IEEE CARD: NONE

USB PORT: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

FLOPPY: NONE

OS: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium w/ Service Pack 1 (64-bit Edition)

Windows 7 Upgrade Coupon: None

FREEBIES: FREE! (Microsoft® Flight Simulator X Deluxe) Game

Media Center Remote Control & TV Tuner: None

SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT

RUSH SERVICE: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS

I forgot to add NEON!! shoot, Im going to have to buy one from ebay or something. P.S i already have FSX hehe so I get two. I'm going to connect my two 20inch dell monitors to this and run it in dual view mode!. and the cyberpowertechs said it wont lag at all for running games at its maximum settings! I spent around 1072.00 for this system and shipping was about 65 bucks. Share all your thoughts!

Erhan Atesoglu 1050499
Posted
Posted

Sounds decent... as long as you have an integrated memory controller! I would have gone with the newer ATI video cards.. make it a matching set..

tom van der elst
Posted
Posted
lookin like you might be running a little low on Ram.

I was able to run XP, FS9, SB4, ACARS and AS6.5 with "only" 1GB. If the problem has gone away, I wouldn't worry about it.

Cheers!

Luke

I still run FS9,AS6.5,EFB2004 and squawkbox 4 ,and IF flying for TOM fts as well on 1gb of ram.

No problem whatsoever here.

f1cert.gif

Nick Ullom 1041939
Posted
Posted
decent... as long as you have an integrated memory controller! I would have gone with the newer ATI video cards.. make it a matching set..

Dangit, now your getting me worried!!!!!!!!!! haha, we'll see how it goes when I get it. I know ATI's are good, but dint quite look at it when I did the config on cyberpowerpc, and the price of it...

Erhan Atesoglu 1050499
Posted
Posted

Sorry.. I meant "match" as in ATI/AMD being the same company.. nothing to do with performance.

Ryan Guffey 956726
Posted
Posted

If your running FS mainly. Stay with nvidia. I went to 2 xfx 4890 xxx. Ya nothing but trouble with fsx. Haven't tried FS9 yet. I wanted a Dragon system though. I also think the V8 is overpriced. I would have went with the dark knight with sycthe ultra kaze. I chose corsair h50. ( I wanted some type of water cooling without the maintience. I idle around 40C. After a few hours of gaming 46C or so) also if you playing anything other than fs. Get a better video card.

VATSIM Supervisor

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

Hi

I was just wondering, how you going to get on the internet as you dont seem to have an ethernet card of wireless connectivity.

Wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

tom van der elst
Posted
Posted
Hi

I was just wondering, how you going to get on the internet as you dont seem to have an ethernet card of wireless connectivity.

Wycliffe

I think he'll use this Wycliffe

NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
f1cert.gif

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

Dammit

My eyes are getting worse, I checked that config twice and didnt see that.

Wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

Erhan Atesoglu 1050499
Posted
Posted

Hard to get a motherboard without an adapter these days, mine has two...