You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Sectorfile/ESE making question - Sectors and COPX question

Eivind Fosse 818131

Eivind Fosse 818131
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I have a couple of problems I was hoping you could help me with.

1 - While creating Oslo TMA (ENGM) the following issue has come up: The TMA is divided by two sectors; East and West controllers who handle the arrivals and departures. Inside the TMA there has been established a divider line - that is the line inside the TMA that separates the area where the West and East controller handles aircrafts. Oslo Gardermoen has rwys 01 and 19 available, and the problem is that this line, due to the STARs, changes position when the runway in use changes... See the following pictures:

Sectorisation between Oslo APP East and APP West runway 01:

c1c79eebaabb3dec4a9a9e21736838352g.jpg

Sectorisation between Oslo APP East and APP West runway 19:

3583b7bba9fb79fd6a12b17b5b2b18482g.jpg

Is there a way to make the sectors change when the runway in use change? Or is there another good way to solve this problem when both East and West controllers are online on VATSIM?

2 – In the Euroscope manual, page 106, the Coordination Point subsection of the ESE file is described. However, I’m struggling a bit with this part… Unfortunately I do not understand this part very good. Is it possible that you could give me a better explanation of this part of the ESE file? Maybe some more examples of how I can fully use these Coordination Points when I have the local Letter of Agreements?

Thanks for the help!

Eivind

Martin Loxbo
Posted
Posted

Something that might help regarding coordination points is to check the Swedish ESE file and compare it to the LoA between Sweden and Norway. There might even be some parts of that file that could be of use for you (as it shares the same border).

Regarding the TMA sectors, you have to define the different sectors, and make the ownership dependent on the RWY in use.

Martin Loxbo

Director Sweden FIR

VATSIM Scandinavia

Eivind Fosse 818131
Posted
Posted
Regarding the TMA sectors, you have to define the different sectors, and make the ownership dependent on the RWY in use.

Thanks for the quick reply!

How do I make the ownership dependent on the RWY in use..? I can't find this described in the manual.

I'll take a look at the Swedish ESE file.

Thanks

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the quick reply!

How do I make the ownership dependent on the RWY in use..? I can't find this described in the manual.

I'll take a look at the Swedish ESE file.

Thanks

http://euroscope.hu/wiki/index.php?page=ESE_Files_Description , See The Sector Subsection and The Coordination Point Subsection for that.

Can you give us some LoA example so we can translate it to code so you can see it?

Eivind Fosse 818131
Posted
Posted

Ha! I can't believe I've not seen that before! Thanks!

Can you give us some LoA example so we can translate it to code so you can see it?

Sure! This is an extract from the LoA between Oslo Control and Kjevik TWR/APP:

Flights from ATCC Oslo to ENCN.

Unless otherwise coordinated ATCC Oslo shall clear arriving flights to ENCN as follows:

• OSLOX, ARSUD, RORAM or LONDU depending on FP

Flights with cruising level above FL 140 will be cleared descend to FL 140 by ATCC Oslo.

Arriving traffic to ENCN from EKDK FIR is - when such traffic still inside Copenhagen

ACCs AoR - released for descend only when inside 15 NM from the Copenhagen/Oslo AoR-

border.

Flights from ENCN TO ATCC Oslo.

Kjevik TWR/APP shall clear departing IFR-traffic that will affect ATCC Oslo AoR on appropriate SID according to FP, and issue clearance to FL 130 or to cruising level if lower.

If no SID is available for a FP, approval request is required.

Charts can be found at this adress http://www.ippc.no/norway_aip/current/AIP/AD/ENCN/encn.html

As you can see, the procedure does not say anyting about that the aircraft shall be at OSLOX, ARSUD, RORAM og LONDU at FL140, just that the aircraft is cleared down to that FL before beeing handed off to Kjevik TWR/APP.

Also, the departure procedure does not say that the aircraft shall be at FL130 at the SID endpoint, just that it shall be cleared to that altitude by Kjevik TWR/APP before beeing haded over to Oslo Control…

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted (edited)

For Question 2:

COPX:*:*:OSLOX:ENCN:04:ATCC Oslo:Oslo APP/TWR:*:140:OSLOX

COPX:ENCN:04:OSLOX:*:*:Oslo APP/TWR:ATCC Oslo:130:*:OSLOX

COPX:*:*:OSLOX:ENCN:22:ATCC Oslo:Oslo APP/TWR:*:140:OSLOX

COPX:ENCN:22:OSLOX:*:*:Oslo APP/TWR:ATCC Oslo:130:*:OSLOX

Where ATCC Oslo is your defined sector in ESE file, and Oslo APP/TWR is your defined sector in ESE.

ARR/DEP Rwy

About Question 1:

You make 4 sectors with the same area, but the border between them you make two different as in your picture. Then you use this from ES WIki:

ACTIVE:LROP:08R

As default all sectors are active and are used in your session. However you may define sectors that are not always used but just in some runway configuration. After the ACTIVE keyword you should define the airport and runway configuration. The sector will then be used only if the specified runway at the specified airport is active for arrival or departure. An example is the Traffic Director in Hungary. He has the role to move the planes from downwind to the final and is used only on real busy events. Because of its role he controls at the arrival end of the active runway. But as the runways have two ends we defined two Traffic Director sectors, but only one of them should be used in one session.

So sectors configuration Rwy 04:

SECTOR:APP WEST04:2000:24500

OWNER:your APP west sector defined in the Positions sections of ESE and the next ATCC

ALTOWNER:your APP west sector defined in the Positions sections of ESE and the next ATCC

BORDER:your borders for the West sector with border for Rwy04

ACTIVE:ENCN:04

SECTOR:APP EAST04:2000:24500

OWNER:your APP west sector defined in the Positions sections of ESE and the next ATCC

ALTOWNER:your APP west sector defined in the Positions sections of ESE and the next ATCC

BORDER:your borders for the West sector with border for Rwy04

ACTIVE:ENCN:04

Then the same but for Rwy22 with the different border.

Sectors configuration Rwy 04:

SECTOR:APP WEST04:2000:24500

BORDER:your borders for the West sector with border for Rwy22

ACTIVE:ENCN:22

SECTOR:APP EAST04:2000:24500

BORDER:your borders for the West sector with border for Rwy22

ACTIVE:ENCN:22

Try this and say if it works.

Edited by Guest

Eivind Fosse 818131
Posted
Posted

Todor,

Thanks for that great explanation! It was much easier to see when I know the altitudes and fix! Thanks!

If I may, I would like to ask two more questions

1 - How about the COPX vs. FIR_COPX. What is the difference? If I have Norway FIR and Bodø OFIR in the sectorfile, should I use FIR_COPX, insted of COPX then, or is that only to be used when the LoA is outside the sectorfile? I. e when a LoA is going outside the sectorfile. What does ES do when it sees the two alternatives?

2 - The manual states: "Lastly the name of the COP is declared as you want it to be shown, usually the name of the COP". Where is this shown?

Thanks again!

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Eivind,

The FIR_COPX is a point between two FIR, where a COPX is a point between two sectors. I use only COPX and it is working just find, as FIR_COPX is basic COPX. If in your data-tag you have COPX and FIR_COPX (as in Manits data-tag) you can show that the exit point from your sector is XXXXX, but the exit point from the FIR can be BBBBB, as your sector may not be the last sector in the FIR the track will fly through.

ES read the ESE line by line and if it finds something matching, it stops, so you should put the more restricted and unusual COPX lines, such as altitude restrictions, and before/next point before the unrestricted lines.

COP is displaied in the ES lists and data-tags. In the list it states COPN/COPX

inbound.gif,

on the data-tag it it COPX and if you want FIR_COPX

tags01.jpg

Eivind Fosse 818131
Posted
Posted

Thank you Todor,

The information and help is very helpful!

Eivind from Norway