Recognition of New Division

I was just wondering what one has to do to get servinfo to recognize a newly formed division.

As of Sep 5, 2009 the Thailand Division of VATASIA became official, and it would be nice if it was recognized on servinfo.

Thanks in advance for any info regarding this matter.

Scott DeWoody

CEO - American Virtual Airlines

joinava dot org

y572_1.jpg

doubt a rewrite is required, isnt that why vatsim provided its own update? i believe the info just has to be added to the data file

Hi Scott, this would require a rewrite of the program...which according to its author is never happening again.

Logging in with VATTHDxxxx will show up as "VATSIM staff" I'm afraid.

Go ahead and let me know how it goes.

Controllers have feelings too...

Nope. Talking about showing what division and whatnot a person belongs to, when they log in with an official callsign.

eg In the observer list, anyone logged in as:

• VATUSAxxxx will have "VATUSA Region[sic] staff"
    VATSIMxxxx will have "VATSIM founder"

etc, instead of "Observer".

What Scott wanted to know, is if you can update SI somehow to show "VATSIM Thailand Staff", when you log in as VATTHDxxxx. None of this info is stored in any of the files, but within the program itself.

Controllers have feelings too...

• 4 weeks later...
Nope. Talking about showing what division and whatnot a person belongs to, when they log in with an official callsign.

eg In the observer list, anyone logged in as:

• VATUSAxxxx will have "VATUSA Region[sic] staff"
    VATSIMxxxx will have "VATSIM founder"

etc, instead of "Observer".

What Scott wanted to know, is if you can update SI somehow to show "VATSIM Thailand Staff", when you log in as VATTHDxxxx. None of this info is stored in any of the files, but within the program itself.

Thanks, and that's exactly what I was asking, cuz right now it just shows "VATSIM STAFF", whereas others show "VATSIM STAFF XXX Division"

Scott DeWoody

CEO - American Virtual Airlines

joinava dot org

y572_1.jpg