You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Does ES check SID/STAR waypoints

Karl Kornel 964857

Karl Kornel 964857
Posted
Posted

Hello!

I recently finished modifying the current dev. vZID sector file, adding some SIDS/STARs that go to airports outside the airspace, but start (for STARs), end (for SIDs), or come near our airspace. This is to help prevent invalid RAM alerts.

I noticed something interesting when I loaded the modified sector file after entering the data for KATL: The RNAV STARs into KATL include waypoints that are not in our sector file, but EuroScope does not seem to complain about that. At least, I did not see any errors in the message log after loading the sector file.

So, this is what I am wondering: Does EuroScope check all of the waypoints in SIDS/STARS in the .ese file to be sure that they are defined in the .sct file?

A. Karl Kornel - vZID C1, FE, and Mentor

Smoke Bomb! POOF

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

As far as I remember it right, ES checks for the navid aid in the sct file, if it is not found there it checks in the FSNavigator database. So if the SID/STAR points are real life and your data is up-to-date, ES will use and show the points. If you need some extra custom points (for example to build RNAV SID/STAR and their turns) you can enter it in the sct file.

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Surely it tests. But if the point is not found then simply ignores it. Open the FP dialog and you will see all the points extracted from the FP data. If any is missing then it was ignored.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer