You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ATC Training

Jake Smethurst 1127314

Jake Smethurst 1127314
Posted
Posted

Hi to all members,

Apologies if this has been covered before, or if it is somewhere else, however I have been having trouble with internet explorer lately.

I just joined VATSIM/VATPAC, and have observed several ATC sessions so far, and everything is highly interesting to me. I am slightly confused by the ATC training page. Does this basically mean that I will be trained by someone as a TWR controller to help me reach that rating? Will I be taught how to use the VRC program? And if I wanted to be trained, would I need to select the TWR course from the ATC training page?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions, I really want to start being ATC.

Thank you,

Jake.

Shannon Wells
Posted
Posted

Hi Jake,

Best if you post on the VATPAC Forums direct - under ATC Training

http://vatpac.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71

We use a program called Moodle, and you'll go through a practical test to get your TWR rating.

Cheers,

Shannon

VATPAC DCRM, Former VATPAC Division Director and Former VATSIM Senior Supervisor

811815.jpg

Jake Smethurst 1127314
Posted
Posted

Hi Shannon,

thanks for your help. Will I have to join seperatley in that forum, because I cannot log in with the same details as here?

Shannon Wells
Posted
Posted

Yes - sign up using your First and Last Name.

I'll keep an eye on your registration and process it in the next hour

Shannon

VATPAC DCRM, Former VATPAC Division Director and Former VATSIM Senior Supervisor

811815.jpg

Jake Smethurst 1127314
Posted
Posted

Thankyou .

Jake Smethurst 1127314
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sorry Shannon to bother you again, however even though my account is activated, I am unable to start a new thread, it simply redirects me back the log in page, even though I have logged in again.

EDIT... it is now working. Sorry for getting off on a jumbled start mate.

Edited by Guest

Shannon Wells
Posted
Posted

Check your cookies ?

811815.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
Brendan Stieler 939723
Posted
Posted

Hi, I have been a vatsim member for about 4 years, I have just recently become a vatpac member and I'm having trouble with logging in to the vatpac forums. One minute I keep got the log in page and the next I get a message telling me my user name and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word was incorrect. I have been trying to get into the forums for some help with VRC client I have, I just need to know how the sector files work, been trying to get it working for 2 days as OBS and its just frustrating me beyond belief . I have worked out some of it, but just the sector files and how to get to view whats on the screen.

If any body can help it will be grate

Ok I have finally worked out the sector files, I've just got to work out how to get the communications and text working.

Arjun Murthy 1051343
Posted
Posted

Brendan,

For the vatpac forums, try another web browser like google chrome and it may work.

Answers for VATPAC region are better on there.

You click on the comms. Right click on a atc position and click request atis. It'll be something like following

rw1.vatpac.org/SY_TWR

Channel Name is whatever you want

Frequency is what it says, e.g. 120.050

Voice Server: rw1.vatpac.org

Voice Channel: SY_TWR

The rw1.vatpac.org voice server is having some issues so it may not work.

Arjun

Stephen Cotterill 1016107
Posted
Posted

If you are having problems accessing the forum after log-on (redirect back to log-on again), just press your browsers refresh button. That will help until this problem is found.

Steve

VATPAC4

Director, Pilot Services