You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

[Fri Oct 2 0015z] PAL tours: TNCM-MHTG

Romano Lara

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

Departing: TNCM

Arriving: MHTG

Estimated Dep time: 0015z

Estimated Arr time: 0350z

Estimated time en-route: 2 hours 56 minutes

Route: JUICE B520 DDP G633 MELLA UG633 DARSI UG880 DCR UB520 CISNE UR890 ANGEL

NOTE: All items are subject to change!

--

I am inviting those who are able to join us on this flight to Central America, which always is, FUN. We have finished the first leg earlier, KMIA-TNCM and as always, it was great. Remember, the MORE the MERRIER!! Next leg will be on 3rd of October 2009. Flight information available upon request, just drop me a PM.

See you there!

Romano Lara
vACC Philippines, Manager - Training & Standards
04819c_4181f294a6c34b5aa4d8a82c0fb448c5~mv2.webp

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

Another great Central America - Caribbean flights, finished! We departed Princess Juliana International at about 0130z, thanks for the great experience with the aid of TNCM Tower. A friend of mine surprisingly sent me a PM, gave me advice on what to expect at MHTG, which was a really insane thing to do, land a 747-400 there. I started getting nervous as I get near that small airport, with the mountainous surrounding which made it extra hard to land on. But after a really slow approach to minimums, Autobrakes to 4,I was able to land!! It was a hair-raising approach to be honest with..

After that, we took a 1 hour break. Then we've decided to fly up to MYNN as our final destination for the day. With a great scenery by ImagineSim and great island, we had a really great experience today. We have also decided to do this more often, we are going to plan different flights as long as we have the time and day to fly it. We will be traveling around the world and visit exotic places with interesting approach procedures, we're done with MHTG, next to our list is Kai Tak. We will be ferrying our plane from KMIA to somewhere in Asia any time this week or so...

Screenshots to follow!

Romano Lara

Jody Turner 1018734
Posted
Posted

Sounds like very nice 747 routes, you make me want to fly them BADLY. If you have anything during a weekend, or maybe earlier than very late here, I would try to join you.

Happy flying.

Jody Turner - I1

Toronto FIR - Facility Engineer

8942.png

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

I will be happy to have you join us, Jody. We are going to fly out our 747 today to Washington Dulles, but it would be night time for you, probably midnight. We will depart Bahamas today at 0515z for Washington. But since you've informed me about your interest, we will plan our next flight that will suit your time.

Details will be posted later on a new thread!

Note: Here are the screenshots from our recent flight, MHTG-MYNN.

Romano Lara