You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Ok thanks guys for the previous thread on headsets

Ryan Whitford 995253

Ryan Whitford 995253
Posted
Posted

My new problem is that the headset I like is the jacks instead of USB. I know that USB has its own sound card built in but I love music more than a mic haha when I fly. So I also have a Sound Blaster, sound card and the jacks would take the great sound through there.

The Problem: Almost every jacks headset I get the MIC output volume is too low, the slider is all the way up but its still very low and unreadable until I scream haha. Only in Vista I can see "MIC Boost" but not in XP which is what im running.

Anyone else have this problem or any fixes thanks guys! Ill give you a cookie

http://www.allegiantva.org Join if you have skill!

wideloadwhitford.png

allegiantvabanner.png

Windows 7 Ultimate (64)

Intel i7 2600k 4.2 Ghz

Gskill Ripjaws 8GB 1600

750 WD

Nvidia 560 Ti 1GB

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

ryan, open your sound equalizer, make sure your mic slider is adjusted right. sometimes theyll be at minimal.

another one is in the volume control, go to options then properties. select recording, make sure the mic is check marked, and itll open your recording equalizer

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted

in the recording mixer you should have a button labeled Advanced below your mic strip click on that and you'll get an option for a +20dB boost. if you don't see the advanced button click in the options menu and select advanced controls. also check the Creative audio panel as well if its not synced with the windows audio panel things can get a little interesting

Richard Gerrish

Developer, STM Applications Group