You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Promlems with connecting to vatsim

Shlomy Cohen 903112

Shlomy Cohen 903112
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi

Im doing evry thing by the book. I lonch the sbrelay / fs9 / hostsb/ squawkbox I get the connection then I mark the sqouwk standbay fill the flight plan fill the callsine & connect; evry time it fails & I get the message that’s "tha attempt to connect was forcefully rejected".and the a.v.c marks "log on to a vatsim server first" what das it meen?

The thing that surprise me the most is the fact that I maneged to connect in the past in the same way.i should say that I heve several firwalls & that I disabled them & still it didn’t work Please can someone chek out the m[Mod - Happy Thoughts]eg & tell me why

Thenks

Edited by Guest

Luca Benelli
Posted
Posted

First idea which comes to mind is check your login and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word again.

Luca

Luca Benelli - C3 - P2

Dave Weese 817228
Posted
Posted

How long ago was it you were last on-line?

Did you try one of the other servers?

Dave Weese (CXA007)

Fleet Manager

Canadian Xpress Virtual Airline®

http://www.CanadianXpress.ca

Shlomy Cohen 903112
Posted
Posted

last time i was online was like three weeks ago

and yes i have tryed oll the other servers it didnt work.

i olso refreshd the server list through the servinfo im not shore if it refresh the list

but it stil didnd work and i was not connected

thenks

shlomy

Marc Sykes 852946
Posted
Posted

Did you take the ipaddr.txt you got from Servinfo (Export ipaddr.txt) and put it in your Squawkbox directory (usually C:\Program Files\Squawkbox)? You need to do that for it to work.

If yes and it still doesn't work, my suggestion would still be to go to vatsim.net, click who's online, write down the IPs of a few known good servers, and plug them into Squawkbox by hand. That way we can be 100% sure you're trying to connect to a server that is online. If your login is still being rejected, it's probably a p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word issue. But if you're trying to connect to a dead server, you're going to get this message no matter what CID and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word you're entering, and that's why we need to rule that out first.

Marc Sykes

Toronto ACC Trainee

Shlomy Cohen 903112
Posted
Posted

the server refresh has worked and the connection was esstablishd

thenks evry body