You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Euroscope Simulator with VRC Client?

Richard Webb 1097731

Richard Webb 1097731
Posted
Posted

Is this possible? I'm trying to get a VRC user connected to my ES simulator to do some training. Shouldn't this work?

-Rich

Thomas Mathieu 998318
Posted
Posted

Is the client connecting directly to your IP and not VATSIM? Please be specific on the setup and the pros will weigh in.

Best Regards,

Thomas Mathieu

VATAME1 Region Director

VATSIM Africa Middle East

http://www.vatame.net

[email protected]

TMSIGVATAME.png

Richard Webb 1097731
Posted
Posted
Is the client connecting directly to your IP and not VATSIM? Please be specific on the setup and the pros will weigh in.

My appologies... The client is external to my network and I have opened port 6809 TCP on my firewall direct to my computer and it won't connect.

I have also tried my VRC on another computer on my internal network which connected several times in the past and now won't connect.

I also had this student configure ES and he can't connect with ES either. If I set up ES in a second session on the same computer it will connect okay. Only thing I have not tried is ES on a different computer on my network. This is really strange. It seems that there is more to it than tcp/6809.

-Rich

Thomas Mathieu 998318
Posted
Posted

Have you ever tried to run Virtual Tower with FSX and Euroscope? Try that port I forget the port number. I would try that as a test.

Best Regards,

Thomas Mathieu

VATAME1 Region Director

VATSIM Africa Middle East

http://www.vatame.net

[email protected]

TMSIGVATAME.png

Richard Webb 1097731
Posted
Posted
Have you ever tried to run Virtual Tower with FSX and Euroscope? Try that port I forget the port number. I would try that as a test.

Actually no, but I did figure out my problem. It had nothing to do with Euroscope. After spending some more time messing around with it, I discovered that I also could not ping that computer from another computer on the network so that started me investigating a communications problem. I have my system optimized with the FSX tuning faq that I've seen around on the net so many of my services are disabled - one of which is the internet connection sharing / firewall service. The problem was acting like a firewall issue but I could not start the firewall control panel because this service was disabled. When I tried to start the service, it also would not start. As it turns out, there was a disabled setting on the "Log On" tab of the service under the hardware profile which eventually solved it and restored communications.

I think what caused it in the first place is I was having trouble getting someone outside the network connected to it and I tried to run the firewall control panel. When I did it comes up with a generic message stating that it's disabled and would I like to start it. In my haste I accidentally chose yes and then it wouldn't start because it was disabled. I think that somewhat enabled the firewall and caused all inbound communication to stop.

Long winded answer, but I thought I should share in case someone else happens across a similar problem.

Cheers!

-Rich