You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

possible for fsx sounds via stereo (coax) /voice headset?

Mark Murrin 1129376

Mark Murrin 1129376
Posted
Posted

Hi all..

Maybe there is just no way,

but, i'd like the voice communication audio to strictly come out the headset (no fsx sound effects), while the fsx effects are going into my stereo via the spdif/coax line..

I've tried setting the option in sound settings in fsx, for the audio to goto my usb headset, while the rest are via spdif.. but when i do this, i dont get any sound in headset speakers, the vocals from voice goto the stereo, making it real hard to hear people.

If i switch the left option in sound settings to headset (so sound effects go there), leaving the right voice one to headset as well.. i end up with fsx audio in ears, but vocals come out of stereo (almost like the reverse of what you would think).

I have a rampage II extreme motherboard (built in audio) and a usb headset under win 7 x64.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Mark Murrin 1129376
Posted
Posted

Sorry, i think the answer lies here, with setting it outside of fsx in the icon in sys tray:

viewtopic.php?f=79&t=41119

Should have checked that thread first

Erhan Atesoglu 1050499
Posted
Posted

That would do it Coax/SPdif is the greatest thing ever invented! It's nice to seem them as standard on motherboards these days.