You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Two soundcards setup

Jan Fiala 1046604

Jan Fiala 1046604
Posted
Posted

Hi there,

I'm just a newbie to ES and being currently trained on a TWR position in LKAA. I got used to listen on the secondary soundcard connected to the speakers to the adjecent sector (APP / GND) to be aware of whats rolling onto my position. However I've found, that during the transmission on my primary frequency (on primary soundcard connected to my headset), the transmision on the secondary soundcard stops, making me often to miss the point of the message there. I've been looking onto this and found, that this might be more an feature than a bug which drives me quite crazy. If I do have two different soundcards with two different outputs (headset and speakers) this feature makes no sence as the exactly same results would be with just one soundcard and with all the primary and secondary frequencies connected each together.

So the question is, is there any possibility how to get rid of that muting of the secondary voice output during the active transmission on the primary voice channel?

Thanks for any ideas and please accept my appologies if this question was already answered somewhere. I've been carefuly looking into ES Wiki as well as here on the forum without a success.

Best regards,

Jan

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Jan,

Muting the secondary voice data while the primary is active is a feature . We also found it not to be the best for multiple sound cards. In the next release the mute is there only in case the primary an the secondary output device is the same.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer