You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

To SLI or not

Charan Kumar

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

I am using a nVidia 750 board (SLI capable) with nVidia 880GTS 512 DDR3 with a twin monitor setup. I also happen to have a nVidia 8600 GTS 256 DDR3. I always run FSX/9/Xplane on one monitor while the rest run on the other one.

Would putting the two monitors on two different cards be of any help?

At some point soon (Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Xmas) I will have a third monitor by when I will connect the non FS monitors to the 2nd card and leave FS on the primary one!!

And, no, the monitors will be different in size, so can't do Matrox triple head or spanned view.

System: C2Q/4G Ram/ XP SP3 32bit.

Cheers!!

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted

I would have to look it up again.... but i think you have to have twin cards to run SLI correctly

Richard Gerrish

Developer, STM Applications Group

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Both cards are SLI enabled, and so is the board, and I have set it up b4, so I know they work , effectively I cud connect 4 monitors (I wish ). I was wondering if there was performance gain to be had by using 1 card 1 monitor or I should just use one card 2 monitors

Tks

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Erhan Atesoglu 1050499
Posted
Posted

The newer chipset do allow unmatched cards but I wouldn't recommend it. Also I wouldn't suggest SLI on anything other than i7. As well my guess would be your better off on one card due to timing issues. So just stick with the 8800GTS for now.