You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Euroscope Voice Problem

Jody Turner 1018734

Jody Turner 1018734
Posted
Posted

Hello, using VRC right now to control as when I connect with Euroscope and set up the voice, turn on my Primary frequency, and select voice receive/transmit, my speakers now play whatever my microphone picks up. Any obvious things I can do to fix this? Have tried, but it's hard when on CTR and people want to talk to you.

Jody Turner - I1

Toronto FIR - Facility Engineer

8942.png

Karl Kornel 964857
Posted
Posted
Hello, using VRC right now to control as when I connect with Euroscope and set up the voice, turn on my Primary frequency, and select voice receive/transmit, my speakers now play whatever my microphone picks up. Any obvious things I can do to fix this? Have tried, but it's hard when on CTR and people want to talk to you.

Quick question: Is EuroScope set to use exactly the same input device & exactly the same output device as VRC does?

A. Karl Kornel - vZID C1, FE, and Mentor

Smoke Bomb! POOF

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Jody,

Unfortunately it is known issue. It happens time to time and rarely enough to be able to debug it. If you have several voice connection configured then we have a workaround that helped in every case so far. Simply delete the definition line then add it once again as new. That helped in many cases (so far no idea why).

And also be sure that "Connect mike to playback device" is not checked

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Jody Turner 1018734
Posted
Posted
Jody,

Unfortunately it is known issue. It happens time to time and rarely enough to be able to debug it. If you have several voice connection configured then we have a workaround that helped in every case so far. Simply delete the definition line then add it once again as new. That helped in many cases (so far no idea why).

And also be sure that "Connect mike to playback device" is not checked

Wow, just deleted all of them and set one up again, and problem solved. Thanks for the help, and yes, "Connect mike to playback device" was unchecked.

@Karl: The option above toggles this feature.

Jody Turner - I1

Toronto FIR - Facility Engineer

8942.png

Martins Lezdins 854634
Posted
Posted

SOLVED!

I solved it by adding an exception in Symantec FWall.

Hello all, I was checking on older voice problem posts, but so far with no success, so I found it appropriate to continue this one instead of making a new post.

I have got the ES running on notebook with Symantec FWall along side with it. I can connect to the VATSIM, np, I can establish text comm, it is fully working, but when it comes to voice, problem emerge.

Voice channel icons are all green and they are up and running (TX,RX), I hear incoming pilot transmissions, but they don't hear my outgoing //strangely I can hear mine by myself if I connect mic to playback devise .. When I push PTT button, headset icon illuminates red, as if it were transmitting.

What could be the cause for this?

Previously I have read that router or SW FWalls can cause such a problems, but so far the only solution was to uninstall it.

In my case that is not the best solution.. Have anyone dealt with voice comm problems and Symantec FW to be cause for them?

Maybe there are some settings I can change and make ES work normally?

// Update: I solved it by adding ES in a trusted program list in Symantec FWall.

Regards,

Martins.