You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

QvA Weekly Wednesday Event Oz to Toulouse

Sean Harrison

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

qva_b_Oz.jpg

QvA is hosting a sequel to their recently completed and well attended Europe to Australia.

This event is "Oz to Toulouse" every Wednesday night heading north out of Australia, via Japan, Alaska, Canada, Greenland, with legs no longer than 780Nm (max), but averaging around 480Nm, and the shortest 285Nm. This Event will visit some not so usual airports, and a couple that are listed as "A must to try!" by many forums. Most have add-on scenery available for both FS9 and FSX.

This PDF has the details, including suggested routes, leg lengths, runway lengths (some will not be suitable for heavies ), scenery links, and chart links.

Join in and accompany QvA on it's return to the birthplace of Airbus every Wednesday night departing 1830-1930 AEST, 0830-0930 UTC. Pilots are more than welcome to join in on chats with us at rw1.vatpac.org/QvA_OPS, but please comply with VATSIM and monitor 122.800 on COM1 (or ATC freq if we get lucky)

Anyone able to support us with ATC would be appreciated.

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted

What is the arrival date and time in Toulouse? Depending on those critereas, I might be able to provide ATC services over France.

New York ARTCC

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

SEB, thanks for the offer. When we get closer I'll let you know. At this stage we have over 20 legs at one per week, and three weeks out for Christmas.

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...
Rodney Aylmore 944715
Posted
Posted

Hi Sean,

Taking all your airbuses back for maintenance 'ey?

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

To tell the truth, I'm more of a Boeing Boy, than an Airbus Man. And, I don't even know why Toulouse was selected for the Event, but I'm guessing that Airbus does in fact have something to do with it.

This weeks leg is AYPY to WAKK a distance of 408Nm. Airbus, Boeing, Canadair, DeHavilland, Embraer, Fokker, etc all welcome.

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

Trent Hopkinson
Posted
Posted
To tell the truth, I'm more of a Boeing Boy, than an Airbus Man. And, I don't even know why Toulouse was selected for the Event, but I'm guessing that Airbus does in fact have something to do with it.

This weeks leg is AYPY to WAKK a distance of 408Nm. Airbus, Boeing, Canadair, DeHavilland, Embraer, Fokker, etc all welcome.

What, Is that a Challenge?

... BAe Jetstream, Tupolev... etc...

qfafin.png

Trent Hopkinson YMML. www.youtube.com/musicalaviator WorldFlight 2002,2008,2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2015

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

Could we get 26 types on a single leg??

Airbus

Boeing

Canadair

DeHavilland

Embraer

Fokker

Gulfstream

Hawker

Ilyushin

Junkers

Kawasaki

Lockheed

McDonnell

North American

Optica

Pilatus

Quickie

Rockwell

SAAB

Tupulov

Unknown

Victa

Waco

X - help

Y - help

Zenair

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

U - Utva-75. I was about to say good luck finding an FS equivalent, but I saved myself the trouble when I found this!

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1