You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

euroscope not communicating with vatspy?

Dan Leavitt 1081600

Dan Leavitt 1081600
Posted
Posted

For the past few days when I have been logged in, no matter the position, I am not shown on VATSPY. I thought at first this may have had something to do with my ID, but when I sign in using VRC, and also squawkbox while in the sim, I show up fine on VATSPY.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Leavitt

vZAU En Route Controller

American Virtual Airlines

ORD Hub Ops Director

joinava.org

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

You are not shown at all, or not shown in active position? Check if you have selected the Facility and the position correctly. VATSPY shows the data from the "VATSIM static data", available to anyone, and is gathered from the servers, if you are on-line, then you should be shown, if not, it is not ES's fault, but most likely a settings fault during connection.

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

Did you check the PRIM FREQ? Maybe VATSPY need sthat to show you as an active controller

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

Dan also check your "who is online" url in general settings, if that is not written correctly, youw ill not show on VATSPY. This happened to me and I believe it was because there was a ; in there somewhere.

Wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

right, this is a godd idea also: check that no ; is in your Controller Info because this can confuse the ServInfo feed.

Magnus Gustafsson
Posted
Posted

Hello!

I have suggestion!

I hade the same problem last spring or winter and found an answer that I used.

Somewhere I found that if you have several // in your atis, you will not show in Vatspy!

When i was not shown, I had a link to the charts in my atis http://www.vaccsca.org/pilot/airport/ , after removing http:// i was shown in Vatspy.

Also I was told that you login name of your possition has to be absoloutly correct.

This worked for me, do not know why and how!

Magnus Gustafsson

accsca15

Training [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istant Sweden VACCSCA

Magnus Gustafsson

http://www.vatsim-scandinavia.org/

880543.png880543.png

Dan Leavitt 1081600
Posted
Posted
Dan also check your "who is online" url in general settings, if that is not written correctly, youw ill not show on VATSPY. This happened to me and I believe it was because there was a ; in there somewhere.

Wycliffe

What would be the proper URL to be using?

Dan Leavitt

vZAU En Route Controller

ORD Hub Ops Director

joinava.org

Karl Kornel 964857
Posted
Posted

I don't think the who's online URL has any effect on you appearing in Servinfo or VATSpy. As far as I know, the who's online URL is only used to pull data from VATSIM (the list of pilots & controllers online); I don't think your choice of who's online URL gets communicated in any way to VATSIM.

Just to note, I do use EuroScope, and I do see myself online when I look at VATSpy, as well as on the vZID web site.

I would look into the other suggestions that were mentioned. Can you confirm that you don't have any colon, semicolon, forward stroke, or backward stroke characters in any of the fields in the Connect window (that includes your name, callsign, and ATIS lines 2, 3, and 4)?

A. Karl Kornel - vZID C1, FE, and Mentor

Smoke Bomb! POOF

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

I was wrong with the ;

It is the : that causes problems: the ServInfo (=VATSpy, QuteScoop...)-Feed includes these : as seperators. As EuroScope p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es them to the server and the server does not check it appears in the ServInfo-Feed, even if they are in the Controller Info.

So it was not the // but the : in the http:// that causes problems.

Could these : be checked by EuroScope and eliminated?

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

The "who is online" url has nothing to do. The url is used only for READING, and is used only in ES, to simulated the traffic outside the client range.

As I said check all your connection settings (name, position, callsign, rating, controller text ATIS lines and so on). As Jonas mention, the ":" is used in the "vatsim-data" for a separator and can cause the data to be skipped or not shown correctly.

As for ES checking all fields - entered as a bug.

Dan Leavitt 1081600
Posted
Posted

found the problem...I had a smiley face in my ATIS that had a : in it....wow, stupid mistake....Thanks to all those who replied.

Dan

Dan Leavitt

vZAU En Route Controller

ORD Hub Ops Director

joinava.org