You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Anybody want to join Somalia FIRR TEAM ?

Ramadan Ahmed 1129914

Ramadan Ahmed 1129914
Posted
Posted

hey, I came up with the idea to make Mogadishu FIRR active i just need 5 other people to make this an reality so anybody up for it tell me

• 1 month later...
Tony Kovacs 958372
Posted
Posted

It's unlikely that there will be any interest in this FIR. VATCAF has been in decline with online activity over the past several months and now even their Training Director has left to go somewhere more active. I think that you would have more success starting something in Asia or Eastern Europe.

Tony Kovacs

MOVCON - Movement Control Instructor

http://www.vatcaf.org

"Who Cares Who's the Best!"

Until heaven is open 24/7 just waiting for you to screw up this is all just a game.

Joshua Rice 1080656
Posted
Posted

VATME is looking for staff, Yemen, Oman, Iraq, Syria. All need FIR Chiefs. Should not really plug it here, but the poster above has a point.

However, best of luck with your plans, if you get it going!

EZY0104.png

Ramadan Ahmed 1129914
Posted
Posted

Thank you both for your replies i think there is not much interest in Somalia.

Thomas Mathieu 998318
Posted
Posted

Hi Mark,

There are many issues in Somolia that will keep general flights and interest away. However, given the current political and state of affairs in Somolia, perhaps setting up a VSOA such as a UN unit (both VA and ATC) may spark some interest. You have to think outside the box.

You can make the difference between declines and interest. It is individual efforts such as yours that will get the ball rolling.

Best Regards,

Thomas Mathieu

VATAME1 Region Director

VATSIM Africa Middle East

http://www.vatame.net

[email protected]

TMSIGVATAME.png

Ramadan Ahmed 1129914
Posted
Posted

To be honest its very hard to find people for this FIRR since its not attractive there are not attractive sceneries and a lot happening in SOmalia either on FS2004 or in Real Life. Im still trying

Ramadan Ahmed 1129914
Posted
Posted

I am looking forward to collect people that could help me with building a Mogadishu scenery based on real life pictures If anybody has suggestions feel free to announce them thanks

• 3 months later...
Justin Marcus 1131402
Posted
Posted
I am looking forward to collect people that could help me with building a Mogadishu scenery based on real life pictures If anybody has suggestions feel free to announce them thanks

watch Black hawk down over and over !